Monday, May 25, 2020

My Gnomie

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and has chosen Blueberry Bushel, Lipstick Red and Balmy Blue with a dessert option to add enamel dots.  I intended to include dessert but totally forgot!  Either way, with or without dessert, I hope you'll use the link above and join the Color Challenge this week!

I'm also joining the current Tic-Tac-Toe challenge, using the right vertical row (stencil, outdoor, emboss) and, unintentionally, also the right horizontal (wood, gray, emboss).


I started with a white card base and added a layer of wood grain patterned paper in gray.  Next the horizontal cross piece from white corrugated paper.  Next I set about making the main image by lightly stenciling clouds on a piece of white card, using Broken China Distress Ink which is very similar to Balmy Blue (I know it's really hard to see, I'm having photo issues and trying to use my phone instead of an old point and shoot camera).  Next a grassy hill die cut in Mossy Meadow card was added to the bottom of the clouds and then die cut with a circle die and mounted on a slightly larger die cut circle of Blueberry Bushel.


Next the cute little gnomie, along with mushrooms, flower and lady bugs were colored with Copic markers similar to the challenge colors plus SU neutrals (moss, browns, gray).  After die cutting they were all added to the circle scene, some with foam tape, then the entire thing was added to the base, also with foam tape.


The sentiment was stamped with blue pigment ink similar to Blueberry Bushel in color, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  It was die cut with a banner die, then added to the bottom of the circle to complete the card.  I just love this cute gnomie!


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it so much!  I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps: Hanging With My Gnomies (MFT)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Blueberry Bushel, Mossy Meadow, Corrugated, Woodgrain Whimsey 6x6 paper pad (MFT)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Bluebell, Broken China Distress
Other:  Nested Circle dies (Hero Arts), Banner die (ret. SU), Stitched Wonky Rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp), Gnomies matching dies (MFT), Mini Cloud Stencil (MFT), Grassy Hills die (Lawn Fawn), SSS Ultra Fine clear ep
Copics:  B34, 32, 28, 26, 24, 23, 21, R39, 37, 35, 43, YR23, Y15, 11, G99, 94, 82, E47, 44, 43, 42, 33, 31, 13, 11, 01, W5, 3, 1, 0

4 comments:

FreeToBeMe..LisaJ said...

Oh my Stef this is one super cute Gnome. Love your design and the sentiment is perfect. Thak you so much for playing along with us this week at Tic Tac Toe challenge.

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This little gnome is just adorable Stef! Love the primary colours and the woodgrain paper background - sets him off a treat!

Tracy Grauer said...

Cutest little gnome ever! What a great card!

LeAnne said...

ACK! This little gnome is SWEET! You had me at blue, truthfully! Love the background you gave him as well as all the little flora and fauna! Thanks for playing with my Tic Tac Toe grid this week!
LeAnne