Sunday, April 26, 2020

Hello for The Paper Players!

Hello friends, I hope you're continuing to stay safe and healthy.  I have something that may take your mind off things momentarily.  It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  Laurie is hosting our sketch week challenge and has a wonderful sketch to spark your creativity!


For my card, I decided to use the wonderful Mondo Succulent Pot from Ellen Hutson.  I love succulents and cactus, so this stamp set quickly found it's way into my shopping cart when it was released in early March.  Laurie's sketch worked really well, although the center panel had to be bigger for the large stamp.


I confess to being a little creative with my color selections, in that they may not all be true to life, but I'll claim creative license ha ha!  Copics worked perfectly to color this up, but I was left feeling like there wasn't quite enough contrast in the darker areas, so I pulled out some colored pencils to try and darken the shadows a bit.


I could have done a little deeper shading but after all the time spent coloring it with Copics, I was a bit nervous to use a medium with which I have little practice LOL!  With the coloring complete, a stitched rectangle die was used to trim down the panel, then layered on panels of Bermuda Bay and Cajun Craze.  After mounting on the Ivory card base with foam tape, the sentiment strip was added.


Thanks for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the rest of the DT and hopefully join us for this great sketch challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Mondo Succulent Pot (EH)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Bermuda Bay, Cajun Craze (both SU), Ivory, Sentiment Strips 2 (both SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam
Other: Stitched Rectangle die (SSS), Prismacolor Premier colored pencils
Copics:  BG34, 11, G43, 17, 20, YG67, 17, 03, E49, 37, 33, 29, 27, 23, 19, YR30, 18, 07, 04

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Just popping across from the challenge site to say that I love your vibrant card. The colouring looks amazing and I am all for artistic licence x. A stunner of a card x.

laurie said...

Your coloring is awesome..what a great card!

Allisa said...

So in love with this card! Your coloring is perfect!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I think the colouring looks pretty authentic, either way it is excellently done Stef! Love the top-down perspective of the stamp. Really clever and I love it!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

What a wonderful succulent garden you've created here, Stef! Perfectly colored and gorgeous!! :)

Vicky Hayes said...

Utterly stunning Stef! The colouring is great and the colours work perfectly. I love the way you've brought everything together with the mats and stitched frame. Wow, what a stamp this is - I think that's going on my 'need' list - never mind my 'wish list'!!! Vicky x

Ann Schach said...

Wow! What a striking card! I love the colors, Stef! This is such a neat image!!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I LOVE succulents too! I don't have very good luck with them, but they are a favorite of mine. I love this stamp set. Your coloring is gorgeous! These look so realistic! Your choice of mats is so perfect and pulls it all together! FABULOUS, My Friend! Have a great weekend! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this coloring. we need to talk about how amazing it is. Seriously! Love the gorgeous, vibrant colors. You really brought these succulents to life.

Jaydee said...

Stef, this card absolutely pops. The coloring is fabulous and I love the way you put mats underneath the central image to carry the colors from your cacti pot to the base of the card. Stunning
hugs
jaydee