Monday, April 27, 2020

Follow Your Heart

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Karen is hosting this week and has chosen Poppy Parade, Mango Melody and Cajun Craze, with a dessert option to use a frame.


I decided to pull out a Stampin' Up stamp set that I've had for years and not used very often, which is too bad because the images are so cute.  I guess that's why I've held onto it all these years.  Anyway, I thought a brightly colored trailer would make a fun card. The image was colored with Copic markers with colors similar to those in the challenge, using the "Cajun" color to shade the Mango on the door and flag.  I also created green bushes in the background with colors similar to SU neutral Mossy Meadow and used neutral browns for the ground.


Initially I used gray Copics for the metal trim on the trailer but then decided to go over it with a Silver glaze pen.  A light gray marker was used to create streaks across the window, which was later covered with Crystal Effects to give it the look of glass.  Finally, little clouds were die cut and shaded with a gray marker, adhered to the panel which was then added to a slightly larger panel of Poppy.  The background striped paper is from my stash and was cut with a frame die, then a white frame inserted when the background was added to the card base.  The final touch was to add a few Doodle sprinkles.


Thanks visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you'll use the link above and join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  You're Sublime (SU ret.)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Poppy Parade, Forever My Always patterned paper (Pebbles)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam
Other:  Crystal Effects, Doodlebug Lilly White Sprinkles, Simple Puffy Clouds die (Lawn Fawn), A2 Thin Frames die (Simon Says Stamp)
Copics: YR18, 16, Y17, R59, 46, 24, 05, C9,7, 4, 3, 0, E44, 43, 37, 35, 33, G99, 94, 82, BG0000

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Your little caravan is super cute Stef and I love the way you grounded it in your little scene. Great stripy frame too! Sometimes cute stamps are hard to part with (I still have this one too!) This would be perfect to link up over at Retro Rubber this week - they are celebrating 'anything goes'. Cute, cute, cute!!