Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sparkle for The Paper Players!

Hello friends, and welcome back!  It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  Anne Marie is hosting our CAS challenge and has chosen this theme:


If you've visited my blog you know I love to add sparkle to my cards.  However, this week I got into a time crunch to get my card done and then my mojo decided to take a little vaca without me, so there were two cards ahead of this one that ended up in the reject pile.  Finally it occurred to me to use some gorgeous glitter paper from my stash and came up with this very, very CAS card.


I dusted off a long neglected leaf cover die and used it with the glitter paper plus three additional layers of white card for some dimension.  I love the green, it is so Spring-like! I also like how quickly this card came together yet has some razzle dazzle with the sparkle covering the entire card front.


After adhering the die cut panels to the white card base, the sentiment was inked up with a nice black pigment ink, trimmed down and added to the card.  And then, of course, I added a few jewels, because there's never too much sparkle LOL!


Thanks for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the challenge and all the beautiful DT cards!

Stef


Stamps:  Mondo Succulent Pot (sentiment, Ellen Hutson)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Metallics Glitter 6x6 pack (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Striped Leaf Cover die (Altenew), Bridal Mix Jewels (Lucy's Cards Little Things)

7 comments:

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Oh my goodness, Stef! LOVE this glimmer paper. LOVE this die cut. LOVE this card!! And I love when a mojo vacay happens and we STILL end up with a stunning card!! Way to go!

LeAnne said...

Razzle-dazzle is right! What a great idea to use this cover plate die for your sparkly creation! Love the color too!

laurie said...

I have this die...just love it! Looks so awesome with the sparkle glitter paper you used..so pretty!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Way to go Stef - this sparkly diecut is the business! Sparkly CAS perfection, no doubt!

Claire Broadwater said...

JUST WOWZER!!!!!!!! This green glitter paper is gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! I love this card, this die and it is CAS perfection! You would never know your mojo was off! I hope you have a great weekend, My Friend! XX

Ann Schach said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! Clean and simple sparkly perfection, Stef! It doesn't get any better than this!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this is how you take sparkle and ROCK it!! Love the clean design and the simple sentiment. So much WOW!!!