Monday, April 13, 2020

Welcome Baby!

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and has chosen the beautiful combination of Petal Pink, Mint Macaron and So Saffron with a dessert option of congratulations.  I think I may have just eeked out the dessert with my card.


The Woodland Whimsy stamp set has several beautiful images that I haven't full utilized since I got it late last fall.  I love that meditative bear and all the pretty wreath branches that can work for any season of the year.  Plus the set has sentiments that fit perfectly in the curved banner.  I stamped all the leaf, flower and berry branches twice, colored them along with the banner, bear and heart with my Copic markers and die cut with companion dies.


Next, Tattered Rose and Cracked Pistachio Distress inks and blender brushes were used to lightly ink up the background panel, then it was sprayed with shimmer spray.  Once dry it was die cut with the stitched rectangle die, adhered to the Ivory card base, then I began constructing the wreath.  I began by adhering the bear, banner and heart in the center, then layered on the wreath components.  The base layer of branches were adhered to the background, then the second layer added with the tops popped up with foam squares.  Finally I used an aqua shimmer pen on all the berries and flowers.  This was definitely a bit more fiddly of a card than I normally make, but I LOVE how it turned out!


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it so much!  I hope you'll use the link above and join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Woodland Whimsy (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Ivory (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle, Cracked Pistachio and Tattered Rose DI
Other:  Stitched Rectangle and Woodland Whimsy dies, Sakura Sparkle Shimmer Spray, Tonic Nuvo Shimmer Pen
Copics: R02, 01, 00, B49, 34, G00, Y26, 15, 13, 00

3 comments:

Christine Blain said...

Stef, this is possibly the most divine baby card I've ever seen! Beautiful work, my friend. x

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

This sweet bear against the soft sponged background is adorable Stef and I love the wreath of flowers he is sitting in. Such a lovely card!

Vicky Hayes said...

How adorable is this baby card Stef?! So much detail but still so clean and neat. My new favourite card of yours (and there are many!) Vicky x