Sunday, April 12, 2020

Cosmos for The Paper Players!

Hello friends and welcome back!  I hope this post finds you and yours healthy and safe and able to enjoy this holiday weekend in the best way possible during these times.

It's Sunday and time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  It's color challenge week and the delightful Jaydee has chosen these three lovely colors for us to play with.


I vacillated between flowers and a masculine card, and as you can see below, flowers won out.  I used a large background stamp of Cosmos flowers, stamped it and cut it in half.  I wanted white flowers with yellow centers, so I used a blue Copic marker to color in the background first.


Next I used warm gray markers to color in the shaded areas of the flower that the artist has so kindly included in the stamp.  The panel that ended up on my card was my second try.  I tend to get too heavy handed with my markers in general and with shading in particular, and I used a lighter combination on this second panel so I could have white rather than gray flowers ha ha!  After adding the yellow centers, the panel as adhered to a slightly larger panel of gray.


A polka dot background stamp inked with Fossilized Amber distress ink created the background panel that was added to the white card base.  The sentiment is from a lovely Power Poppy stamp set and after stamping I used two scallop circle dies to cut out both the sentiment and the blue circle underneath.  I used a shimmer pen for some sparkle in he flower centers, then a bit of white Baker's Twine and some glitter crystals finished things off.


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciated it!  Be sure to use the link above to check out the other DT members beautiful cards and join us this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Cosmos Background (Simon Says Stamp), Itsy Bitsy Polka Dots background (MFT), Sunny Harvest (Power Poppy)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Seaside Spray (SU), Fog (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Obsidian Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Layering Circle Framelits (SU), Tonic Nuvo Shimmer pen, Gold Sparkle Crystals (Studio Katia), White Baker's Twine (SU)
Copics:  B91, Y26,15, 13, W3, 1, 0, E35, 33

8 comments:

LeAnne said...

This is so happy and cheerful...coloring the background was ingenious, and the sentiment matches perfectly! A nice sunny card!

laurie said...

Wow this is gorgeous! Love your pretty blooms..happy Easter!

Nancy said...

This is beautiful Stef! I spied it over at TPP and had to let you know how fabulous it was!

Jaydee said...

Stef, I love the polka dots. I love those flowers. Heck this card is just gorgeous!
hugs
jaydee

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Love this Stef - I love to grow white and bright pink cosmos in my garden in summer time, they are so easy to care for and flower for ages! Colouring the background to these works really well and the dotty paper also compliments beautifully. Another gorgeous floral creation!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is ONE GORGEOUS card! I thought the flowers were DSP! You did an amazing job coloring this background stamp!!!!! Love the dots in the background and the fabulous sentiment! You rocked this challenge, My Friend! Have a great weekend! XX

Ann Schach said...

Absolutely stunning, Stef! You colored the image to perfection. The dotted background paper is the perfect complement to the image. I LOVE everything about this beauty!!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, your card just makes me smile! Love how you showcased the colors and those bold blossoms really pop. I especially love how you layered the sentiment. Fabulous, as always!