Monday, January 20, 2020

Winter Anemone Birthday

Hello friends!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and has chosen the lovely combination of Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather and Mint Macaron, with a dessert option of winter.  I had many ideas to use those colors for a winter scene but ended up with a floral (go figure!).  I'm also joining the current sketch challenge at SCS.


For my card I used one of the stamps from the Winter Anemone stamp set from Honey Bee.  I am in love with this set and used it to make another card here earlier this week.  I used Copic markers similar to the Color Challenge (plus a neutral gray) to color the floral bouquet, then die cut it with companion dies.  Because I covered the stamen of the largest flower during coloring, I used a white gel pen to add them back. 


A scallop rectangle was die cut from white card stock and the flowers adhered to it with thin foam squares.  I was mulling around about how plain the card base looked when I remembered a nice background stamp I have with lots of small flowers.  I inked it up with Versamark for a subtle tone on tone look, then added the focal point to the base.  The sentiment was stamped, die cut with a circle die then layered on a slightly larger circle and adhered to the card.


Thanks so much for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  I've added a link to the SCS main page above and from there you can access both challenges.  I hope you'll join us for the Color Challenge this week!

Stef


Stamps:  Winter Anemone (Honey Bee), Modern Rose Blooms Background (Simon Says Stamp), Circle of Spring (sentiment, retired Stampin' Up)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Gorgeous Grape, Highland Heather
Ink:  Gina K Jet Black Amalgam, Versamark, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Scallop A2 Honey Cuts die (HB), Winter Anemone matching die (HB), Layering and Stitched Circles Framelits (SU), Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  V17, 15, 01, 000, G17, BG34, 11, C6, 4, 2

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Purple is one of my favourite colours Stef so this card will always be a hit in my book! I love the tone-on-tone background and the way the flowers fit the corner perfectly. So pretty!

Nora Noll said...

This is GORGEOUS!! I Love your coloring of that flower. So pretty. I think my favorite, though, is the tone on tone of the background. STUNNING design!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the tone on tone background and the lovely flowers. Your coloring looks fabulous. TFS