Monday, January 6, 2020

Sunshine

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting this week and has chosen Balmy Blue, So Saffron and Early Espresso with a dessert option of trees.  I've been saddled with a nasty cold since last Wednesday and with that, my mojo kind of took a vacation.  So I came up with a very simple card for this challenge with no dessert added on.


I started with a panel of Bristol paper and ink blended distress inks in blue and yellow.  I used two stamps I'd bought some time ago and had never used, although I really love both the sentiment and the stylized sun.  I thought they were perfect for this color combination, so I stamped both on the inked panel with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks, embossing with clear embossing powder.


The panel was die cut and wrapped with baker's twine then mounted to the Early Espresso card base with foam tape.  I thought it still needed a little something more, so I took my cue from the heart in the word "close" and added 3 wood hearts.



Thanks so much for visiting, I hope you'll use the link above and check out this week's Color Challenge!

Stef


Stamps:  Shiny Sun, Feel Sunshine (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Early Espresso, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Distress inks:  Tumbled Glass, Squeezed Lemonade, Scattered Straw; Distress Oxide Ink:  Walnut Stain
Other:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp), Early Espresso Baker's Twine, clear embossing powder, Hearts and Stars Elements (SU, retired)

1 comment:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What rotten luck - hope your cold leaves you as soon as it arrived! I love the sentiment on your sunny card Stef - so true! Feel better soon!