Monday, January 13, 2020

Fly!

It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Chris is hosting and has chosen a monochromatic color combo of Blueberry Bushel, Seaside Spray and White, with a dessert option to add sky to your creation.  I am also joining the current SCS Sketch Challenge.

 
I'm also joining the current challenge at Just Us Girls, where the Trend Week challenge is to create dimension.


With the dessert option of sky, I decided to lightly ink blend Faded Jeans Distress Ink to a panel of white card stock.  Using a blending brush I went around the edges of a cloud stencil up the entire panel.  The ink is pretty light (and photographing in winter natural light has been tricky!) so I had a hard time getting a good photo but I think you can see those soft, fluffy clouds.


Next I used Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink on an old Hero Arts stamp that hasn't seen much use, but I thought it was perfect for the cloudy background.  I let the ink dry then trimmed down the panel and added it to a slightly larger panel of Blueberry Bushel, then wrapped that with some silver thread.


As I started to assemble my card, I realized I needed to create a bit of interest with my strip of Seaside Spray card stock, so I decided to emboss it with the Stampin' Up Corrugated 3D embossing folder.  After adhering it to the card base, the smaller panel was added with fun foam for dimension.


Thanks so much for visiting, I always appreciate it!  I've added links above to both JUGs and Splitcoaststampers (where you can find both the Color and Sketch Challenge on the main page) so I hope you'll check them all out!

Stef


Stamps:  Come Fly With Me (Hero Arts)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Blueberry Bushel, Seaside Spray
Ink:  Faded Jeans Distress Ink, Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink
Other:  Mini Cloud Edges stencil (MFT), Corrugated 3D embossing folder (SU)

4 comments:

Nora Noll said...

What a pretty card!! I love the soft background you chose to go with the bold blue feather and sentiment. I also like the fun corrugated strip you used. Beautiful design.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Beautiful! Your cloud background is gorgeous and you have paired it with the perfect image and sentiment. Love the corrugated embossed strip, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great card Stef - your corrugated cardstock along with your main image creates lots of dimension. The feather stamp with the little birds is clever and your sponged clouds so perfectly executed - these can be so difficult to get right to look 'natural', but you definitely achieved it. Bravo!

Maria said...

Love your colors and layers! Nicely done and thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.