Friday, January 3, 2020

Polar Bear Birthday

Hello friends and welcome back!  I made a fun card with my new-to-me Polar Bear Pals stamp set.  I adore these images and have had a blast using them on a couple of cards.  I'm joining the current SSS Wednesday Challenge where the theme is "Something New".


For this card, I started by using a snowdrift stencil as a mask so I could ink blend the sky, then turned it around and used it to lightly shade the "snow" to create drifts behind our ice skating bear.  I used a wonky stitched rectangle die to cut out both the ink blended panel and a strip of vellum to create the "ice", which I adhered to the panel after running the strip through my Xyron sticker maker.  I found this to be one of the best ways to adhere small pieces or strips of vellum so the adhesive doesn't show.  Next, I used a star stencil and some Moonstone shimmer paste to create the swirl of stars in the sky, then set the panel aside to completely dry.


That polar bear is just too cute!! I used Copic markers to color him, then fussy cut the image.  When the shimmer paste dried, I added it to a slightly larger panel of navy cardstock then adhered that to the card base. Finally, the bear and sentiment were added to the card with thin adhesive squares.


Thanks so much for visiting!  I hope your New Year is off to a great start!

Stef


Stamps: Polar Bear Pals (MFT)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Navy, Vellum
Ink: Gina K Jet Black Amalgam; Versamark; Distress Inks: Mermaid Lagoon, Chipped Sapphire, Shaded Lilac
Other: Alabaster embossing powder (Brutus Monroe), Snowdrift stencil (MFT), Stars stencil, Tonic Nuvo Moonstone Shimmer Paste and Aqua Shimmer pen, Wonky Stitched rectangle die (Simon Says Stamp)
Copics: C3,1,0, BV04, 02, 000, 0000, BG05, 01 B00

1 comment:

Wendi J said...

Love your card. Like how you did the stars following the snow.