Sunday, January 26, 2020

Cup of Joy for The Paper Players!

Hello again and welcome!  It's Sunday, which means it's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players!  The lovely Joanne is hosting this week and has given us a great sketch!


I had loads of fun coming up with different ideas for this sketch, since any shape could be used, but a chance purchase of a die on sale settled me on the idea of using circles.  I also used one of my favorite retired Hero Arts kits to make a fun card.


Don't you think that will make a great Starbucks gift card holder?  All I'll need to do is add a pouch on the inside before I send it off, I just ran out of time this week.  Anyway, I started with the Repeating Circles die from Simon Says Stamp that created six perfectly spaced circles on the woodgrain panel.  On two separate panels of white card stock I inked up the sentiments and coffee cups.  The sentiments were then die cut with a circle die slightly smaller in diameter than the openings in the A2 sized woodgrain panel.


The coffee cups were colored with Copic Markers then die cut with matching dies.  Next the woodgrain panel was adhered with foam tape to a same size panel of white card stock, and then I did the same with the sentiments and coffee cups.  I really didn't have room for a horizontal banner as shown on the sketch, so I wrapped the entire piece with Early Espresso Baker's Twine then adhered it all to the card base.  As a final touch I added a bit of crystal glaze to the heart on the cup and used a white gel pen to add cream or foam remnants (?) to the other cups.


That wraps up my card for this week!  Thank you so much for visiting, I really appreciate it!  I've added a link to the challenge above so I hope you'll join us with your own creative take on sketch!

Stef


Stamps:  Hero Arts My Monthly Hero August 2018
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Lawn Fawn Neutrals Woodgrain cardstock
Ink:  Gina K Chocolate Truffle Amalgam 
Other:  Repeating Circles die (SSS), Layering Circles framelit (SU), Coordinating dies from the HAMMH, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen, Nuvo Crystal Glaze.
Copic Markers:  RV69, 66, 55, 52, BG09, 15, 11, E31, 30

7 comments:

laurie said...

LOVE those colors..so sharp!!!Great card!

LeAnne said...

This is adorable! Your coloring is perfecto, and really makes for a stand-out card! Love it!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great card for coffee lovers Stef, or as you say it would make a great gift card holder too. The colouring on your cups is really good - it makes them look almost metallic. Love the contrast with the dark brown background too.

Ann Schach said...

An adorable card, Stef! I absolutely love the colors you used for the cups!!! Awesome!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, I am all about coffee, so this card makes me smile! I love your coloring on those beautiful cups! The wood grained paper is perfect! An amazing take on the sketch! Enjoy the rest of the week! XX

Jaydee said...

Stef, your coloring is FABULOUS and I love the colors you chose against the brown base. Fabulous take on the sketch and a gorgeous card
hugs
jaydee

Anne Marie Hile said...

You can't go wrong with a coffee card! Stef, this is beautiful! I love how the colors pop on the dark background and your shading on the mugs is fabulous. Wow!