Sunday, January 19, 2020

Fashion Fun - In Style!

This week at The Paper Players, it's time for Clean and Simple, and Laurie's challenge is Fashion Fun!


My stamp "collection" is primarily composed of flowers and outdoor images so I really thought I was in a pickle and might have to buy a new stamp (oh, darn!) but then I remembered my one stamp set that would work perfectly for this.


The Beautiful You has been around for a while but has great images and sentiments, and this chic lady with her hat and sheath look so classy.  The stamped image stops at the end of her dress but I felt like this would leave her looking like she was floating in space.  To remedy that, I used my Copic Multiliner pen and drew in legs to the bottom or the panel, then colored her up with Copic Markers.


To create my card a piece of white card stock was embossed with the polka dot embossing folder then trimmed down to accommodate the strip of black and white patterned paper, adhering both to the white card base.  The sentiment was added by stamping at the top of the main panel and adding the small banner, then the entire thing was added to the base with foam tape.  Super easy!


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it!  I've added a link above, so it would be wonderful if you'd join us for this fun challenge!  In addition, links to the blog of each DT member are listed below for your convenience.

Stef



Stamps:  Beautiful You (Stampin' Up)
Paper: Neenah Solar White, Love dsp stack (SU ret.)
Ink:  Gina K Jet Black Amalgam, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Large Polka Dots embossing folder (SU ret.), Bitty Banner Framelit (SU ret.)
Copic Markers:  RV 99, 69, 17, 55, BV00, E11, 00

10 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Stef! This image is absolutely perfect for this challenge! You have colored her to perfection! A perfect card!

laurie said...

Very classy fashion card!! I love that image!!

Stamps-N-Lingers said...

Gorgeous! Elegant and classy and perfect - like the lady in the stamp. Love the black and white theme with the pop of color, too! :)

Bev Polen said...

Stef, your card is beautifully designed, and the lady looks so classy and beautiful with your coloring. I love that you created her legs! Great piece of art, Stef!

LeAnne said...

This is wonderful, Stef! You've colored this fashionista in such a great way, she really stands out! She reminds me of my MIL...she was known at her church as the "Hat Lady"...she never went to church without a hat! And she was quite the fashionista too!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love this Stef - such an elegant and chic fashionista and the addition of the legs is just perfect - no-one would know if you hadn't pointed it out!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is CAS perfection! I have this set and never used it. You have inspired me. I absolutely LOVE those big, embossed polka dots!!! Your colorful fashionista is so pretty and I love the black and white contrast with her dress. WOW! You rocked this challenge! Have a great week! XX

Jaydee said...

Stef, I am obsessed with the color of that dress! This image is one of my favorites and adding the legs was genius! Why didn't I think of that! Love the black patterned paper and the large dots. Fabulous card
hugs
jaydee

Allisa said...

Great card, gorgeous shading! I see I am not alone in the lacking of fashion stamps!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Love this, Stef! Your shading is gorgeous and I love those embossed polka dots in the background. Adding the legs is such a genius idea and totally makes sense. I never really thought about it until I read your post, either. Ha! Great idea!