Sunday, January 12, 2020

Tulip Birthday

Hello friends and welcome back!  It's time for a new challenge at The Paper Players and this week Anne Marie has given us a Color Challenge.


These colors made me think of flowers, which isn't much of a stretch for me, since I love to color floral images.  I pulled out one of my favorites for coloring with Copic markers.


I stamped the tulip bouquet twice, coloring one in poppy-like colors, the other in those similar to Rich Razzleberry.  When complete I used the companion die to cut them out.


The tulip bunch is large, nearly 5.5 inches log, so for my design I knew I'd have to trim them down.  I decided to frame them up along with the sentiment, so I first determined my layout, stamped and clear embossed my sentiment, then layered on the tulips.  I thought it was kind of fun to have them popping up from underneath the bottom of the frame, so I first adhered just the bottom of the flowers to the Fog panel (my neutral of choice), kind of wiggled the frame onto and around the flowers, glued it down, then popped up the tops of most of the flowers with foam tape.  A few sparkly jewels to finish and my card was done!


Thanks so much for visiting it's always appreciated!  I'd love it if you'd use the link above and join us this week at The Paper Players!

Stef


Stamps:  Sketch Tulip Bouquet (Simon Says Stamp), Happy Birthday Gorgeous (Stampin' Up, ret.)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Fog (SSS)
Ink:  Gina K Jet Black Amalgam, Versafine Claire Nocturne
Other:  Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame (MFT), Tulip die, clear embossing powder, Iridescent Jewels (Lucy's Little Things), Corner Rounder punch (SU ret.)
Copics:  R59, 46, 27, 14, RV69, 66, 63, YG99, 97, 95, 93

9 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Yowza, Stef! What a stunning card! These tulips are gorgeous. What a perfect use of the challenge colors!

laurie said...

Gorgeous! Those tulips just pop..love the color!!

Cindy Beach said...

This is gorgeous! Great job with the challenge, Stef, your card is amazing! I love the soft gray in contrast with the bold hues. Your coloring is fabulous!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, this is one of those cards that make you do a double-take! Wow! I just love how the flowers look like they are popping through the frame. It adds so much great dimension to the card. Your coloring is fabulous, too. Just gorgeous!

LeAnne said...

These are STUNNING! They just pop off the page! I love how you framed them as well! Just beautiful!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef these tulips are truly stunning!! You've coloured them beautifully and I love the way they'grow' through the frame - such a great way to draw attention to your gorgeous blooms. A fabulous card!

Anita in France said...

Wow, what a stunner, Stef ... gorgeous colouring ... love how you have those wonderfully vibrant tulips 'bursting' through that delicate frame! Thanks so much for your visit and sweet words! Anita :)

Allisa said...

Your tulips are stunning, and I love how you have popped them out of the frame! Great card!

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous Stef. What a wonderful use of the colors. I love the way you framed the flowers, too. Fabulous card
Hugs
Jaydee