Thursday, May 2, 2019

Old and New Combined

Hey there!  This new post shares a card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  Claire has given us a fabulous sketch and I had lots of fun using a new sentiment and some patterned papers and rhinestones jewels I've had for years to make a card of encouragement.

PP439

I recently went shopping with the intent of buying some new sentiments that could be the focal point of a card and found three from Impression Obsession that fit the bill, one of which I used on this card.  When I saw the PP sketch, I knew the sentiment would work perfectly as the main focal piece but what to use for the background?  I decided to break out some of my long held (e.g. hoarded) patterned papers from Basic Grey.  I chose a design with butterflies and flowers on a grid background, trimming it down to 5 inches square, and adhering to a 5.25" square card base.  Both the vertical and horizontal strips were trimmed from other pieces of the paper pack.


The sentiment was stamped in SU Archival Basic Gray on a piece of yellow paper from the paper pack, die cut with a circle die, adhered to the slightly larger white die cut piece and popped up with foam tape on the base.  I punched the butterfly twice from pink patterned paper then glued them together so it would appear pink on both the top and bottom, the adhered with glue and foam squares.  As a throwback to the past, I added rhinestones to the butterfly center along with a few around the card.  I have rarely used rhinestones in recent years, but enjoyed the added sparkle on the card and butterfly.  After coloring the heart in the sentiment with a BG Copic marker, it still needed that little something more, so I covered it with some Tonic Nuvo Aqua Mist Glitter Drops.


Well, that wraps things up. I appreciate you taking a look at my simple card combining the old and new for this great sketch!

Stef


Stamps:  Wonderful (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White #80 and #110, Urban Prairie patterned paper (Basic Grey)
Ink:  Stampin' Up Archival Basic Gray
Other:  SU Basic Rhinestones, SU Petite Butterfly punch, Hero Arts Nested Circle Infinity dies, Tonic Nuvo Aqua Mist Glitter Drops
 

5 comments:

LeAnne said...

LOL, having some of these papers myself, I know how long you've hoarded them!!! But I am so glad you broke them out, because this is such a fun little card...the patterns and colors are just delightful, as is the sentiment! So glad you shared this with us at the Paper Players this week!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! I love square cards and the mix of pattens is so cheerful and happy! Beautiful sentiment, too! Smile! So happy you joined my sketch challenge at The Paper Players this week! XX

Windy Ellard said...

Wow, that is fun paper! Love the softness of the colors but it has loads of texture to it. Thanks for playing along with the sketch challenge this week over at The Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a happy card! Love it! Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

Nora Noll said...

Oh I am LOVING the Basic Grey!! I have SO MUCH of this papers still and hate to cut it up because I miss the company so much. Beautiful card!