Saturday, May 4, 2019

Every Bunny

Hello friends!  Today's card is probably one of my current favorites that I've made recently, because I am totally in love with the Sweet Bunny stamp from Impression Obsession.  It was a challenge to color (sharing my 2nd try) and I know I still didn't get all the shading and blending perfect but, nevertheless, I am happy with how it turned out.



I'm joining the current challenge at Color Throwdown, where Amy has given us the lovely combination of Pale Pink, Brown, Black and White.  I'm also joining the current Mixibility and Inspiration challenges at Splitcoaststampers (linked here to front SCS front page with list of challenges).


The Mixability challenge is to use your choice of 2 mediums, 2 or more colors, 2 layers at least, 2 or more stamp sets, or 2 squares, and then to use two of those choices.  For my card I used more than 2 layers and colors, plus two mediums.  The Inspiration challenge had several inspiration photos of different color combinations.  Here's the picture I chose, which includes pinks and browns in coordination with ctd.


After masking and stamping the bunny and floral wreath she is wearing on her head, I chose to color the images with Copic markers.  It's a big image so I worked in sections, trying to preserve the lightest areas of the bunny in the face and chest.  Even before coloring, the bunny looks fluffy and furry, so I played on that, building some shading in on areas along the legs and also lighter shading on the chest area where the artist has indicated layers.


The wreath was colored with pinks, browns that have a more grayish hue and cool gray markers (permitted neutrals).  After finishing the bunny and wreath, I added masks and lightly inked the background with Spun Sugar Distress Ink and splattered with some white gouache.  The ground was added with the same grayish browns used on the wreath, with a bit of darker shading under the bunny.  When the panel was finished I added a sentiment from the same stamp set.  In order to include a bit more white beyond the card base and subtle white gouache splatter, I wrapped a piece of white baker's twine around one corner and added white dots to the flower centers with a white gel pen.


Sorry for the long post, but I appreciate your visit!  I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!

Stef


Stamps:  Sweet Bunny (Impression Obsession)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Black
Ink:  Gina K Black Amalgam, Versafine Onyx Black (sentiment), Spun Sugar Distress Ink
Other:  White Baker's Twine, White Gouache, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  Bunny fur:  E50, 30, 31, 33, 37;  Nose and flowers:  RV11, 32, 34; Ground, large leaves and flower centers:  E70, 71, 74, 77; Small leaves C5, 3, 1
 

3 comments:

Vickie Z said...

You did good with the coloring! I have tried for years and still struggle to be perfect!! So happy you joined us at CTD!

Nora Noll said...

This is amazing!! I LOVE the image and your coloring is breathtaking!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Adorable bunny image with fab coloring! Thanks so much for joining us at CTD!