Thursday, May 9, 2019

Crazy Friends

Hello there, friends!  The card I'm sharing is for the current challenges at The Paper Players, where Jaydee has given us the theme of celebrating friendship, and at Mojo Monday, where I've used the current sketch for my card design.  I'm also joining the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge with a theme of celebrating a special lady. 

PP440




I made this card for a friend that I've had for over 30 years, and while we don't see one another very often, when we do get together it's like we just pick up where we left off last time LOL!!  I'm sure most of you have friends like that too, and what would life be without them, right?



I recently acquired the stamp with these fun Art Impressions ladies and it was a hoot coloring them up with bright and zany colors using Copic markers, plus using a silver metallic gel pen for the earrings and bracelet for the lady on the right, along with a bit of white gel pen on her wild sunglasses.  When complete, the panel was die cut with a wonky stitched rectangle die.  The sentiment from the same stamp set was die cut and added to a strip of blue violet card stock at the bottom of the main panel, then the entire thing adhered to the card base with foam tape.  A little bling was added with a few clear sequins.


That's it!  I hope you have a great Mother's Day if you're a Mom, Grandma, Nana, etc. or if not, a lovely weekend nevertheless.  Thanks so much for visiting!

Stef


Stamps:  Crazy Friends (AI)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Blue Violet (Simon Says Stamp)
Ink:  Gina K Amalgam Black, VersaFine Claire Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Wonky Stitched Rectangle and Sentiment Labels dies (SSS), Silver Metallic and White Gelly Roll pen, Copic markers
 

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh my gosh, Stef! This card is a hoot! Your coloring is absolutely fabulous, too! Thank you for sharing with The Paper Players!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a fun card! So glad you could join me for Mojo Monday!