Monday, May 20, 2019

Happy Thoughts

Hello again!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Mary is hosting this week and she has chosen the lovely combination of Poppy Parade, Mango Melody and Call Me Clover with a dessert option of a thanks or birthday card.  My card does contain the word "happy" and I think I might get away using this for a birthday card or an encouragement card.

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is "Stitches", which I included with a couple of stitched die cuts.



I was trying to decide how I wanted to use this week's colors and remembered I had this print with those fabulous mushrooms and thought it would work perfectly.  I colored it with Copic markers, using neutrals of browns and a mossy green (a SU neutral used by the color team).  When the coloring was complete I used a Copic friendly pen to outline all the images and the sentiment in order to give it a bolder black outline.  After die cutting with a stitched rectangle die, it was mounted first on a slightly larger die cut panel of Poppy Parade, then added to a Desert Storm card base using foam tape.  I thought there was plenty going on in the print that I didn't need to add any embellishments.


That's it for my card.  Thanks so much for visiting and I hope you have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  None
Ink:  None
Paper:  Suzy's Watercolor Prints (SSS), Poppy Parade, Neenah Desert Storm
Other:  Stitched Rectangle dies (SSS and MFT), Copic markers

2 comments:

Nora Noll said...

This is STUNNING!!! I love your coloring!!

Christine Blain said...

Oh my goodness, Stef .... have to agree with Nora, in that this is stunning! What a beautifully coloured image. You've used the bright, bold, colours beautifully, toned down by the lovely neutrals. Gorgeous card!