Monday, April 29, 2019

Hello Friend!

Hello and welcome back!  It's time for a new Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers!  Barbara is hosting this week and she has chosen the lovely combination of Calypso Coral, Peekaboo Peach and Old Olive, with a dessert option of using a die or punched element on your card.  I'm also joining the current Ways to Use It challenge at SCS, where we are to use white ink on our card (link above will take you to SCS front page where you can check out both challenges).

I'm also linking up to the Anything Goes challenge at the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.



I decided to use a technique I recently saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog, which she terms Trapped Emboss Resist (link to that post here).  I started with a panel of Bristol paper and ink blended Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade Distress Inks (substitutes for the SU colors).  After the ink was completely dry, I stamped a large background stamp using Versamark ink, then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  Next, I ink blended white pigment ink over the entire panel, making sure to buff the ink off the embossed areas, revealing the "trapped" colors under the embossing.  I then went over the panel again with my heat tool to bring back some of the embossed shine.  I sprayed the entire panel with shimmer spritz and set aside to dry.


I knew I didn't want to cover up too much of the panel with the sentiment but needed something to help it show up against the design, so I ended up die cutting and layering the Hello sentiment 3 times, then used Copic markers to create a peachy ombre look and adhered to a vellum heart along with word "friend".  I was happy with that so far but the card still seemed rather plain, so I decided to use a die cut frame (cut a layered 3 times) but rather than plain white, I wrapped it with some Washi Tape I recently acquired, since the most prominent colors worked perfectly with the CC colors.  After adhering everything to the Old Olive card base, some iridescent jewels were added for the finishing touch.



Thanks for visiting, it's always so appreciated!  Have a great week!

Stef


Stamps:  Floral Mix background (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Old Olive, Neenah Solar White, Strathmore Bristol, Vellum, SSS Sentiment Strips 2
Ink:  Versamark, Abandoned Coral and Spiced Marmalade Distress ink, Hero Arts Unicorn White pigment ink
Other:  Hero Arts Nested Hearts Infinity die, MFT A2 Rectangle Stax Set 1 and Stitched Rectangle Frame dies, SSS Hello Beautiful Gorgeous sentiment die, Tsukineko Sparkle Sheer Shimmer Spray, Hero Arts Ultrafine Clear embossing powder, Lucy' Iridescent jewels,
Carta Bella Flower Bouquet Washi Tape, Copic markers
 

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Love the floral frame and how it draws the eye to the middle of your card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby