Saturday, May 18, 2019

Delicate Flowers for Heidi

Hi there, I hope you're having a great weekend!  I'm sharing a card made for a couple of challenges at Splitcoaststampers.  The The Teapot Tuesday Challenge this week is to make a card for the sister of one of our SCS members who is currently undergoing cancer treatments away from home.  I also used the current layout from the Sketch Challenge for my card design.



I started by Copic Coloring a few flowers and leaves from Delicate Flowers with shades to match the patterned paper I wanted to use in the background.  When done coloring, I fussy cut them and put together the background on the card base.


I die cut a white card stock circle, stamped a sentiment and a couple of leaf branches, and adhered to the card base.  I colored the branches with Copics, then layered the fussy cut flowers and leaves on top, popping up the largest flower with foam tape.  I used large scissors to trim off the parts overhanging the edge, then added a bit of white gel pen highlight on the flower centers.


Thanks for visiting and I hope you'll use the links above to check out both of the SCS Challenges!

Stef


Stamps:  Delicate Flowers (Simon Says Stamp)
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Let Your Soul Bloom Collection (Moda Scrap)
Ink:  Gina K Black Amalgam
Other:  Hero Arts Nested Circle Infinity die, Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV17, 34, 11, G46, 43, 40, E79, 77, 74
 

No comments: