Wednesday, May 22, 2019

CAS Birthday

Hello friends!  The card I'm sharing with you was made for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  The theme is to make a CAS card with plants.  Fun!

PP442

After stamping the row of cactus filled pots, I took my T-Square ruler and drew a line with a light brown Copic marker in order to create a "wood" counter for the pots to sit on.  I colored in the counter with the lightest marker, used long, sideways flicks with the medium and dark markers, and created shadows with the darkest marker, then blended it all out with the medium and light markers.


After coloring the pots and plants, I used a light blue-green marker to create the background.  While covering the plants with my hand I used a mini mister to lightly spray the background with Copic Colorless Blender which gave it a soft textured look (a little hard to see in the photo).  Once dry, the panel was die cut with a rectangle die and stamped with the sentiment.

To create the card base, I die cut a frame from white card stock three times to create a bit of dimension, layering on top of one another, then adhered to the light blue card base.  I then added the main panel in the center of the frame and called it finished!


Thanks so much for visiting!  For those of you in the US, I hope you have a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend!

Stef


Stamps:  Happy Together (Penny Black), Sentiment Sampler (Paper Smooches
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Surf Blue (SSS)
Ink:  MFT Extreme Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne (sentiment)
Other:  Hero Arts Nexted Infinity Rectangle die, MFT Stitched Rectangle frame, Copic markers
 

3 comments:

Wanda Cullen said...

I'm really into collecting succulents and your card really caught my eye in the gallery! Fabulous coloring and love the grounding of the hand drawn counter for your row of pots! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is beautiful and I love the array of cacti! PERFECT! SO happy you joined us at The Paper Players this i week! XX

Anne Marie Hile said...

Stef, your coloring is absolutely stunning! Wow! The "counter" has so much amazing detail and shading...I keep going back to look at it. Wow! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!