Thursday, May 16, 2019

Home Tweet Home

Hello again!  I'm sharing a card made for the current color challenge at The Paper Players, where Joanne has chosen a lovely combo for us to play with.

PP441

I pulled out one of the Suzy's Watercolor Prints from Simon Says Stamp with a cute bird house and got to work with my Copic markers, which work fine on the Ranger water color paper the prints are on.


The print is A2 sized and after coloring, I decided to cut it down with a scallop frame die, then use washi tape on the back to keep the frame and panel intact.  That worked fine but unfortunately it was cut a little close to the sentiment at the bottom.  I was a bit disappointed but decided to go ahead since I really love the cute bird house and tweeties!  The Granny Apple panel beneath was cut with an A2 sized stitched rectangle die and adhered to a white card base.  For a little extra "something" I used Crystal Glaze to cover the hearts and a bit of Aqua Shimmer pen on the bow hanger.


Thanks so much for taking time to visit!  I hope you have a great weekend!

Stef


Paper:  Suzy's Paintable Prints (Simon Says Stamp), Granny Apple Green, Neenah Solar White
Other:  Stitched Rectangle Frame Die-Namics (MFT), Card Front Element Builder Stitched Rectangle die (SugarPea Designs), Tonic Nuvo Crystal Glaze and Aqua Shimmer pen
Copic Markers:  Y08, 06, 02, 11; YG17, 25, 01; BG13, 11, 10, 000, 0000; R39, 37, 35
 

3 comments:

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Stef your colourful bird house looks like the perfect home for this sweet pair. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

Reminds me of the birds and birdhouses I've been watching all spring! Lovely way to use our colors! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

This is so sweet, Steph! Your coloring is gorgeous. Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!