Wednesday, October 16, 2024

Thinking of You for Color Hues

Hello, friends!  Today brings a new challenge at Color Hues and this time the amazing Jules has chosen Mustard and Olive, a great fall combination.

I decided to use a set that's been waiting to be inked up for a while - Brighter Days Gerbera Daisy from Picket Fence.  I know Gerbera daisies come in a plethora of colors so I decided why not mustard yellow? 


This is a lovely, large floral image and so easy to color.  Of course, I used my Copic markers, making sure my yellows were more of a golden color.  I know mustard can be a bright yellow, I guess I was thinking Dijon? ;-)  Anyway, with the coloring complete it and the sentiment (also from the same set) where cut out with coordinating dies.

I really fiddled around to get a background that I liked.  At first the double plaid die was cut from brown cardstock and layered on white, but I didn't like that and finally settled on the white over kraft.  It's very subtle, but before the kraft panel was layered with the cover die, I stamped a text background stamp with white pigment ink, then used a blending tool to ink around the edges.  It adds just a little interest and a nice softness to the kraft.

With everything adhered to the card base, I finished things off with some yellow gems and used a white gel pen for the stamen (anthers?).


I do hope you'll join us and share what you were inspired to make with these two colors!  The challenge remains open until 9am on Tuesday October 29th.  And I encourage you to visit the challenge blog, where fabulous inspiration from my very talented teammates awaits you.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Picket Fence Brighter Days Gerbera Daisy stamps and dies
  • Simon Says Stamp Double Plaid Cover Die
  • SSS Friendship Text background stamp
  • HoneyBee Stamps Vintage Love Gems
  • Copics - YR27, 24, 23, Y15, 11, YG99, 97, 95, E37, 35, 33, 31



2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Gorgeous card Stef. Love that pretty sunflower and die cut background. These colors were perfect for your lovely card.

Karen said...

This is a gorgeous floral, and flawlessly colored! I love that background. It looks like the sunflowers are resting on a lattice fence. The white gel pen was a great idea, too!