Tuesday, October 15, 2024

Just A Note for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  Here we are, mid-October - oh my, the weeks are flying by aren't they?  I won't go into how many days until Christmas yet.  Instead I'm here with my reminder card for The Flower Challenge, where we are adding a stencil to our floral card.


I decided to use the embossing folder and stencil from an older Craft Your Life set from Altenew. 


These colors are nicely muted and to me, are perfect for fall.  I used the Sugarplums and Nature's Wonders color families with the stencils.  The image is so large that I went with an A7 sized card.  

The panel was trimmed down and matted on a metallic silver cardstock, from which the sentiment was also die cut.  The mat was cut with one of the Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics dies, which leaves an nice embossed edge. I didn't have any cardstock that matched the plum inks, so I used the Grape Agate to blend a custom background, then adhered everything to the card base.  Lastly, a white gel pen was used to make the ends of the stamen visible.

The picture below is at an odd angle because I was trying to show the embossed dimension but I'm not sure you can really tell.


Have you joined us yet this month?  If not, you have until Friday the 25th to put your beautifully stenciled card in the gallery.  The design team has a new batch of stunning cards to inspire you, which you can find by using the link above.  I hope to see your card in the gallery!

Thanks for stopping by and take care!

Stef

  • Altenew CRL: Fragrant Flowers embossing folder and stencils
  • Altenew Scripty Sentiments dies
  • Spellbinders 5x7 Matting Basics A die
  • Altenew Sugarplum and Nature's Wonders ink families
  • Sakura White Gelly Roll pen

No comments: