Sunday, October 27, 2024

Snowflakes for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  The last Sunday of the month is upon us and that brings a new sketch challenge at The Paper Players!  This time the lovely and talented Ann has given us this wonderful sketch with lots of options.

Since I'm still working on Christmas cards, that is the direction I took.  I kept things very simple; so simple I made two cards!


I decided to pull out some patterned paper that I hoard rarely use but knew it would work perfectly with the snowflakes I created.  I love the bokeh effect and the pretty colors.  

The snowflakes were die cut from silver and white glitter cardstock using various snowflake dies, with the exception of one small snowflake that was cut from light purple glitter paper.  The same cardstocks were used for the die cut sentiment and the vertical strip.  No need for embellishments with all that sparkle and shine, plus I think they would get lost against the background paper.





What are you inspired to create with this sketch?  For more ideas and inspiration, be sure to visit the challenge blog to see what my talented teammates have come up with.  I hope to see your card in the gallery this week - the challenge remains open until Friday November 1st at 3 pm EDT.

Thanks for stopping by and take care!

Stef

  • HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Snowflakes dies
  • Simon Says Stamp Aidan and Sophie Snowflake dies
  • SSS Handwritten Merry Christmas dies
  • SSS Glitter and Matte Silver cardstock
  • Whimsy Stamps Blurry Flurries 6x6 designer paper

2 comments:

Ann Schach said...

Oh, Stef! Your cards are a sparkly delight! The colors of these papers are gorgeous. And what can I say about these snowflakes? They are absolutely stunning! If I received a card like this, it would be framed and placed on my mantle every Christmas! Thank you so much for bringing out the best in my sketch! Have a wonderful week!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... the bokeh paper is just dreamy and so dressed up with your additions. BTW with Simon's sale today... I bought your pumpkin!