Friday, October 4, 2024

Hello for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  Today begins a new challenge at The Flower Challenge and this month we're adding stencils to our floral cards.  Easy peasy!


I have many, many floral images with stencils, including stamps and embossing folders, but this time I decided to use a previously foiled BetterPress floral image that had a coordinating stencil.


The stencils include two for the petals, two for the leaves and one for the flower centers, so it's not a true "layering" stencil in the sense there are more than one for shading purposes.  So I decided to use a set of pink and green inks from Altenew that has four colors per color family, and used the lightest and medium for one petal or leaf, then the 2nd lightest and darkest for the others.

I used Altenew mini, detailed and micro mini blending brushes to blend on the ink to achieve some shading, although you can see the lightest flower petals don't have much contrast.  I love the muted colors for fall.  

With the stenciling complete, I messed around trying to find a sentiment that I liked.  I knew I wanted gold, and finally landed on die cutting the large hello out of gold cardstock and matting both the sentiment and the trimmed down stenciled image on dark green cardstock.  I decided not to add any embellishments because the background already had lots of foiled gold dots in-between the floral images.


This is such an easy challenge, I do hope you'll join us at least once this month!  In the meantime, take a moment to visit the challenge blog and see what my amazingly talented teammates have created to inspire you!  The challenge will remain open until Friday, October 25th.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Spellbinders Cosmos Backdrop BetterPress and Stencil Combo
  • Simon Says Stamps Fancy Hello dies
  • Altenew Pink Crystal, Mauve, Berrylicious, Acai Berry, Rhodolite, Silver Sage, Jade, Eucalyptus and Forest Fern Fresh die inks
  • Concord and 9th Evergreen cardstock

No comments: