Sunday, October 13, 2024

Grateful for You for The Paper Players

Hello friends!  This week at The Paper Players the lovely Joanne has chosen an autumnal color combination for our inspiration.

I had many, many ideas for these colors but in the end, I played around with messy, wonderful mica sprays to create my card.  And yes I did have orange and brown fingers for a day lol!


Right off the bat, I have to say the photos do not do justice to the beautiful colors and shine of the background.  I began with a half sheet of mixed media paper from Vicky Boutin and used two brown and two orange Distress Mica Sprays on the paper, adding water so they would mix a bit then set it aside to dry.

When it was dry the colors had mixed more than I anticipated.  Don't get me wrong, it was really pretty but the browns had dominated the oranges.  I put the panel in my Misti, arranged all the leaf stamps, then used a brown pigment ink to stamp.  That didn't show up well, so ended up gold heat embossing the leaves then used gold metallic paint to add splatters.

Next, I poured a bit of the mica spray onto a palette and used a small brush to paint the lightest orange over some of the leaves and I was so happy with that small step! When everything dried a second time the panel was die cut, wrapped with some gold twine and matted onto a dark brown rectangle before adding to the 5"x 7" ivory card base.  The sentiment was also gold heat embossed, die cut with the matching die and added to the card front along with some copper-ish gems.


We would love to have you share what you create with these colors this week!  The challenge remains open until 3 pm EDT Friday 10/18.  In the meantime, please take a moment to see all the beautiful cards my talented teammates have created for your inspiration over on the challenge blog linked above.

Thanks for visiting and take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Autumn Leaves and Graceful Florals (sentiment) stamps and die
  • Waffle Flower A7 Frames rectangle die
  • Spellbinders 5" X 7" Matting Basics A die
  • Rangers Jack-O-Lantern, Mulled Cider, Crooked Broomstick and Fallen Acorn Distress Mica Stain Sprays
  • SSS Ultra Fine Gold embossing powder
  • Altenew Gold Metallic paint
  • HoneyBee Stamps Fall Is In the Air gems


No comments: