Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Wild & Free for Color Hues

Hello friends!  Are you ready for a new color combo?  We have you covered at Color Hues, where the lovely Hannelie has chosen pink and yellow.  So perfect for Spring, right?


I couldn't resist making a card with flowers using these colors and of course I added a bit of gold metallic as well. ;-)


The April card kit at Simon Says Stamp had me swooning with the pretty floral stamps, so of course I inked up one for this card.  It was gold heat embossed, along with the sentiment from the same stamp set, and then I did some simple coloring of the flowers with yellow Copic makers.  I die cut both with the coordinating dies, then went to work on the background.

Pink ink was ink blended on a panel of white cardstock, darkening the edges while leaving the center a lighter color.  It was embossed with the Floating Flowers folder that came with the kit, then I used both gold and white to splatter although the white is very subtle, even in person.

After the panel dried, it was adhered to a 4.5" x 6" card base.  A pretty die cut circle was layered on, then the flower and sentiment were added.  With all the gold splatter I didn't think any bling was needed.


So what are you inspired to make with these colors?  We sure hope you'll share your wonderful creation with us, the challenge remains open until 9am EDT April 29th.  For more inspiration, you don't want to miss what my super talented teammates have made, so please be sure to pop over to the challenge blog!

Take care and thanks for visiting!

Stef

  • SSS Wild & Free Flowers Stamps and Dies
  • SSS Floating Flowers ef
  • Altenew Baby Pink Crisp Dye ink
  • Altenew Gold Metallic paint
  • Dr. Ph Martin's Bleed Proof White paint
  • Copics - Y15, 11, 00

10 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Love every pretty little thing about this card, Stef!

cm said...

I second Lisa: you've combined fabulous elements to create a gorgeous card! I can see why this kit caught your eye - and you've showcased your favourites wonderfully. I need to try making an A6 card at some point...
hugs~carol

Julie B said...

Love the way you've used the die cut to frame the stem and of course I love the pink embossed background. :)

Marcia Hill said...

I ooooh'd and ahhhhh'd over that kit too Stef, and it's obvious that it landed in the right hands after seeing this beauty!! Your background is absolutely gorgeous and the die cut and lovely, lovely flower totally POP against it! Love all the splattering too! AWESOME card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Vicky Hayes said...

Ooooh I love these colours too Stef! Loving this wild flower look! Vicky x

Tracey McNeely said...

Gasp I love all the stunning details--the background, the wreath, the flowers and the addition of shading and splatter!! So lovely!

Nancy said...

As gorgeous as the floral is on this card, I find myself just staring at the background. Your splatters and the various shades throughout really worked so well. Beautiful card my dear!

Cindy Beach said...

What a gorgeous design, Stef! Your inked and spattered background is stunning and I love the die cut circle. The gold sets off the colors beautifully!

Karen said...

You certainly made the most of that kit, Stef! This is a fabulous card--the lovely floral and the delightful background. I love the beautiful die cut circle, too! What a great design1!

Hannelie said...

The gold adds so much elegance and the perfect choice to make my chosen colors shine. Stunning card Stef!