Saturday, April 13, 2024

Touched Beyond Words

Hello friends!  I hope you're having a great weekend.  Today I'm sharing a card that I made for the current challenge at Freshly Made Sketches.

I love Jen's simple sketch and it was just perfect for using a big floral.  My card ended up being a square 5" x 5".


This large flower image is from Altenew's Vintage Garden and while I've had the stamp set a while, I hadn't inked up and colored this image as of yet.  For the flower petals I used Copics in a part of the RV family I don't typically reach for because they are more on the red side and I'm more inclined to like pinks.  Good to get out of your comfort zone, right?  The leaves were colored with Altenew Artist markers.

For the background, I ink blended a panel with some light greens at an angle starting at the upper right and fading off to white towards the middle.  It was then embossed with a 3D folder but the texture was so pronounced I didn't like it for this particular card, so I ran it through my die cut machine a second time just between the plates to lessen the embossing - it's not totally flat and it worked better for adhering everything.  

The flower was added to the white scallop circle that had been die cut three times, then the sentiment and gems finished things off.


Thanks for taking time to drop by!

Take care!

Stef
  • Altenew Vintage Garden Stamp and Die
  • Spellbinders Tile Motif 3D embossing folder
  • Spellbinders Betterpress You Are Everthing Sentiment press plate
  • Hero Arts Scallop Circle die
  • HoneyBee Stamps Aurora Borealis Gems
  • Copics - RV21, 23, 25, 19
  • Artist Markers - Aloe Vera, Matcha Tea, Swamp Green

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Stef! Love that big bloom and your embossed background. Thanks for the tip about lessening the 3D embossing!

Jen Timko said...

Incredible! Love your shading and that flower is really a wow. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

Kim S said...

What a stunning flower and so beautifully done in those colors (even though out of your comfort zone!) I love the soft green texture behind it. Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cécile RIBON said...

What a wonderful bloom! The coloring is fabulous. Thanks for joining us at FMS this week.

_chevron2 said...

beautiful card!

I Card Everyone said...

Congratulations on your win at FMS, Stef! OH, my goodness it is absolutely stunning!
=]