Sunday, April 14, 2024

Birthday Wishes

Hello friends!  Another day, another card!  This time I'm playing along at Seize the Birthday.  Nancy has a fun challenge for us to use green and one other color, and of course make it a birthday card.

I hadn't made a mini or regular slimline card for a while, so I decided a mini slim would work well with the floral image I wanted to use.


Everything on the card but the frame is from the April 2024 Simon Says Stamp card kit.  I started by coloring up that pretty wild flower in a vibrant pink and of course greens for the leaves.  Next I flipped through the patterned paper selection from the kit and found this pretty green with a subtle floral pattern.  

After it was trimmed down and added to the card base, I decided to frame up the floral using a Pinkfresh Studio mini slimline frame, layering it up twice before adding to the card front.  The flower was partially adhered to the paper with some of the petals and the small but popped up with thin foam squares.  After adding the sentiments, some jewels seemed in order, so I found some pretty pink ones that matched the flower so well.


Thanks for visiting, I appreciate it! Be sure to come back tomorrow for my reminder card for the current Flower Challenge (layers) and on Tuesday when we have a wonderful new challenge with perfect spring colors over at Color Hues.

Take care!

Stef

  • Simon Says Stamp Wild and Free Flowers stamps and dies
  • Pinkfresh Studio Essentials: Mini Slimline Frame die
  • American Crafts Dreamer 6x8" paper pack
  • SSS Taffy Dazzling Gems
  • Copics - RV19, 06, 04, 02, YG67, 17, 03

6 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Slim is the perfect format for this one! What a beauty, Jo x

Nancy said...

This is stunning my friend! That flower just pops off the background to say, Look at me! The frame and the background paper is just perfect, as are the embellishments. I am going to pin this and see if I can make something similar sometime soon. Thanks for the inspiration and for playing along with us at Seize the Birthday.

Lisa Elton said...

I like your pretty bright pink flowers and the sweet background paper! Wonderful card, Stef!

JoAnn said...

Pretty card with that lovely flower and lovely background. Thanks for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.

Barbara said...

You did an extraordinary job on this card. I adore the coloring of that flower, it just pops! Great that you could use the supplies from the kit. Thanks for linking up with us at Seize the Birthday Challenge.

JulieP said...

This is lovely Stef!!! I never think to use a patterned paper often enough and this one is perfect. Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday.