Tuesday, April 9, 2024

A Botanical Thanks

Hello friends!  I'm dropping in with a fun post, sharing a card I made last week after watching a YT live with Gina K and Jennifer McGuire here. For this live, they showed different techniques for using background stamps and I've incorporated one in my card today that Jennifer shared.


This particular technique involves stamping your panel with a background stamp inked with either white pigment ink or a watercolor ink such as Versamark. When completely dry, you ink blend over it to get a subtle design.  The Versamark resists the ink, while the white pigment ink takes on a darker hue.  I made several backgrounds but this was my favorite.  

For this card, I used the Simon Says Stamp Botanical Split Background stamp for mine, inking it up in HoneyBee Stamps white pigment ink and letting it dry over night.  The next day, I ink blended it with SSS Limelicious and Surf inks, then die cut it with a Spellbinders Postage Edge Rectangle die.


Next I stamped the sentiment and sub sentiment with SSS Ocean ink, then die cut them both.  I used the SSS Whirl Dragonfly die to cut from white, glued it together then added it along with the sentiments to the card front.  The last detail was to add some SSS Surf Dazzling Gems.  CAS but with lots to look at because of the background detail.


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  I hope you're having a great week and I'll be back on the 15th with my Flower Challenge DT reminder post.

Take care!

Stef


1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

Great job with the technique, Stef this is pretty!