Wednesday, April 17, 2024

In My Heart

Hello friends, I'm back yet again this week, this time with a fun card for the current challenge at The Paper Players.  Claire has chosen some yummy, vibrant colors and I knew immediately what stamp set would work best with them.

I have had this cute stamp and die set for months but never used it so when I saw these colors I knew it was time to put it to use.


I stamped out all the images, colored them with Copic markers and then used the dies to cut them out.  The sentiment is from the set but I only used part of it, masking off the part I didn't want to include, then used a paper trimmer to size it appropriately.

Next the brick background was stenciled with gray about 2/3rds of the way down the panel, trimmed down to 4" x 5.25", then I built the scene, adhering everything directly to the panel except for the planters on each side, which were popped up with foam tape, as was the sentiment.  


Thanks for taking time to stop by!  I hope you're having a good week and that Spring has finally arrived where you are.  Here in Meridian, our weather keeps vascilating between 50s and 70s but I'm hopeful that by next week we'll be well into warmer weather. ;-)

Take care!

Stef

  • MFT Sittin' Pretty stamps and dies
  • MFT English Brick Wall stencil
  • Simon Says Stamp Earl ink
  • Copics - RV19, 09, 06, 04, 02, BG49, 13, 11, YG67, 17, 03, 01, YR27, 24, 15, 11, E11, 21, 00, C5, 3, 1, 00, W5, 3, 1, 0

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Yes, those are the perfect colors for this sweet set! Love the scene you've created, Stef. Cute card!

Karen said...

Such a darling card! This is one of my favorite MFT sets, and I need to pull it out again!

LeAnne said...

Oh, this little scene is just adorable! LOTS of attention to detail and your coloring (as usual) is just delightful! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Players this week!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef this is so super sweet! xo

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is just the cutest scene! I love it! The way you used my color combo is so fun and your attention to every detail is amazing! So happy you joined my challenge at The Paper Players this week!

Jolanda Johnstone said...

Ah, Stef...this is a perfectly lovely card. Adore that sweet poppet. Thank you for joining us this week at paper Players. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

Anne Marie Hile said...

Super cute, Stef! Thanks so much for sharing with us at The Paper Players this week!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is such a wonderful card, Stef. I love the stenciled background and all of the wonderful images you colored so beautifully to create this sweet scene.