Monday, April 1, 2024

Vintage Roses for Color Hues

Hello friends!  It's time once again for a new challenge at Color Hues, where the lovely Cindy has chosen a beautiful combination of peach and green.

To me, the obvious choice was to use florals and because I had a new die set with roses, it was the perfect match.  I did step out of my comfort zone with a more vintage style card, but I think that's a good thing to do once in a while and I love these roses - you'll be seeing more of those in the future!


This relatively new Lovely Layers: Sweetheart Roses die set was everything I'd hoped it would be, with such beautifully crafted layers.  I die cut the flowers and stems from ivory cardstock, then used Copic markers to color each layer.  After the first round of coloring on the roses, I decided there wasn't enough shading and dimension, so I went back and added more to emphasize the different layers.  I do think I got a little carried away with the leaves, however. ;-)


With the floral image adhered together, I moved on to the background.  I stamped the Vintage Flora Background Stamp on a light peach cardstock panel, then ink blended light peach around the edges.  The Vintage Labels  frame was die cut from ivory cardstock, then adhered to the peach panel, tucking the roses underneath a portion.  After adding the sentiment, the upper left of the card looked a bit empty, so I added some pretty metallic pearls that matched beautifully with the peach colors.


What do these colors bring to mind for you?  I do hope you'll share what you're inspired to create and play along with us this time!  As always, my wonderful teammates have created some beautiful and varied inspiration for you, so be sure to pop over the challenge blog and take a look.  The challenge will remain open until 9 am Sunday April 14th.

Take care!

Stef

  • HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers:  Sweetheart Roses
  • HB Layering Vintage Labels die
  • HB Vintage Flora Background stamp
  • Simon Says Stamp/Altenew Rose Reverie stamp set (sentiment)
  • Concord and 9th Nectar and Grapefruit inks and Nectar cardstock
  • Hero Arts Ivory cardstock
  • Copics:  Flowers - E97, YR02, 01, 00, 000; Leaves and stems - YG67, 17, 03

9 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Wow, Stef your coloring is out of this world! Pretty card!

Nancy said...

Your roses look real, Stef! You have so much dimension with your coloring and shading. I love the Vintage background too! Wonderful job with these hues!

cm said...

Swooning over your gorgeous layered roses, Stef! They're WOW - especially paired with a vintage vibe. What a fantastic showcase of the challenge colours!
hugs~carol

Julie B said...

Those vintage roses are gorgeous, such detail. I hadn't realised that they were built up they are so life like, perfect colouring Stef. :)

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!!! Your coloring on these roses is absolutely STUNNING Stef! I feel like I could just lift them off the card and smell them! And I absolutely LOVE the background stamp and the die cut frame too! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

The first word that came to mind when I saw this beautiful card was elegant. After reading about your process, I am in awe of your coloring and the design of this card! Fabulous!

Cindy Beach said...

What a stunning work of art! I find it just right - definitely I would not change a thing! Your vintage style is perfection and your coloring - WOW! Thanks for making my colors shine in elegance!

Tracey McNeely said...

No carrying away going on here. Every single detail of this card is beautiful. Your colouring is as always perfection to me. The frame is perfect for the size of the flower, well done and so pretty!

JulieP said...

I love every square inch of this piece of art!!!! Your depth of coloring is fantastic and I'm really wanting this background stamp now.