Wednesday, May 1, 2024

Tulip Pattern for Color Hues

Hello friends!  Well, here we are at the beginning of May and it's time for a new challenge at Color Hues!  This time the amazing Julie B. has chosen the beautiful color combo of Lilac and Lime.

I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Feminine. 

For my card, I'm using a Hero Arts stencil and die set that was released in February, I believe.


The stencil set is a layering one, so I found two ink shades each of purples and greens and went to work.  After the stenciling was complete, the panel was trimmed to just slightly smaller than A2 size.  The cover die was used on two panels of white, layered up and then adhered over the stenciled panel.  It would also be fun to use the cover die to cut the stenciled panel then use inlay but I wasn't up that task the day I was working on this card lol!

I had a die cut sentiment that I was going to use on the heart, but it was too big, so I went on "the search" for a sentiment and found the perfect match with another Hero Arts stamp set.  Most of the words are meant for Valentine's day but these worked out fine, stamped in gray ink.  

The dragonfly is having it's first outing on this card, cut from white then inked with the same purples.  I then used a shimmer pen on the wings, glued it together and added to the heart.  I liked the glitter look so much I then proceeded to go over all the tulips as well, then for the last touch, added some sparkly gems.


I hope I've provided a little bit of inspiration and for even more, be sure to visit the challenge blog and see all the beautiful cards by my very talented teammates!  The challenge will remain open until 9 am EDT Tuesday 5/14.  We would love to have you join us!

Take care!

Stef

  • Hero Arts Tulip Pattern Layering Stencils and Fancy Cover Die
  • Hero Arts You're Mine Stamp set
  • Simon Says Stamp Nested Round Heart die and Etched Dragonfly die
  • Altenew Lavender Fields, Deep Iris, Lime and Fresh Leaf inks
  • Versamark Clair Morning Mist pigment ink
  • Tonic Aqua Shimmer pen
  • Honeybee Stamps Aurora Borealis gems

8 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

Pretty card, Stef! That little dragonfly is this icing on the cake!

Nancy said...

This card certainly gets your attention and in a very good way. I love the shades of Lilac and Lime as they are so bright and cheerful and that dragonfly could not have been a better addition. Awesome job, Stef!

Julie B said...

Love this all over design Stef, the cute dragonfly is the perfect addition, can't wait for ours to be zigzagging over the pond on a hot summer's day. They were noticeably missing in last summer's awful weather. A great take on my colours, thanks. :)

Sue said...

This is adorable, Stef - the stencilling, colours, the heart and dragonfly, beautiful.

Cindy Beach said...

Wow, Stef, what a stunning design! The stenciling is a work of art, and I love the colors you chose. The dragonfly steals the show!

Marcia Hill said...

What a lovely, lovely card Stef!! I love the addition of the dragonfly too and also the heart for your sentiment, but my favorite is the overlay over your stenciling...so much dimension and it's beautiful!! You really aced this challenge my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Karen said...

This is beautiful, Stef! I love how the cover die creates dimension for that fabulous stencil. The heartfelt sentiment and the dragonfly are just perfection!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef your card is just beautiful I love your layered stencilled tulip background! The heart right in the middle with your sentiment is the perfect top off! My lilacs have big buds on them and I think we should see the blooms very soon, maybe next week. So beautiful!