Monday, January 1, 2024

Making Spirits Bright for Color Hues

Happy New Year friends, I hope your holidays were festive!  The first of the month brings around a new challenge at Color Hues and this time the lovely Marcia chose the beautiful combo of light blue and navy.  

These colors are so perfect for winter and for those like me that still want to make Christmas cards...I look at it as a great opportunity to building my 2024 stash!


I started with an A2 panel of light blue and initially ink blended Simon Says Stamp Marine (light) and Royal (darker) but the Royal just wasn't quite "navy" enough, so I reached for my Concord and 9th Midnight ink pad and added that around the edges.  In real life, the color transitions are much more subtle.  The panel was then die cut with the SSS Florence Plate.


Next, the sentiment and snowflakes were gold heat embossed and die cut with matching dies.  The blue panel was added to a white card base, then I adhered the embossed pieces after layering them on two additional die cuts for a bit of dimension.  The last touch was to add some beautiful dark blue gems.


What does this color combination bring to mind for you?  I do hope you'll join us and share how you were inspired by these colors, you have until 9 am EST 1/14/24 to join us.  In the meantime, be sure to drop by the challenge blog for more inspiration by my amazingly talented teammates!

Take care!

Stef


* SSS Making Spirits Bright Stamps and Dies
* SSS Florence Plate die
* HoneyBee Stamps Winter Wonder Gem Stickers

10 comments:

Julie B said...

Love all that rich deep blue in contrast to the white here Stef, those little hints of gold work so well too. A happy and healthy New Year to you. :)

Lisa Elton said...

Good for you in getting a head start an that stash! This is lovely, Stef. Happy New Year!

Tracey McNeely said...

I always gasp when I visit your card Stef. Beautiful shades of light blue and navy! Wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year and only good things in 2024. Thank you for the inspiration!

Cindy Beach said...

So beautiful and elegant, Stef! Your jewel tones of blue and the bling of the gold are a fabulous combination. I am always inspired by your cards and I love your style! Happy New Year to you!

Karen said...

Your beautiful ink blending is the first thing I noticed about this gorgeous card! The cover plate is stunning with these colors and the gold snowflakes and navy gems make for an elegant card! Happy New Year--may it be everything you hope for!

Nancy said...

Wow, what a statement that background makes, it's just lovely Stef! I love that you used gold instead of silver as it really makes the card pop! I always am drawn to silver for some reason. I can imagine how gorgeous this is in real life. Put my name on it for next year...LOL. Happy New Year to you!

Bonnie said...

Your blue transition is fantastic, especially when you die cut it.

Marcia Hill said...

Your ink blending from light to dark is SOOOOO pretty Stef and I'm loving the addition of the gold snowflakes and sentiment! And YAY for working ahead for next Christmas...always a nice feeling to be ahead! Happy New Year my friend! Hugs. :0)

JulieP said...

I adore your shading on the panel. It's stunning!!!

cm said...

Only one response: I LOVE this card! Gorgeous!
hugs~carol