Thursday, January 18, 2024

My Favorite Human Bean for Just Us Girls

Hello friends!  Well, the month of January is flying by and today I'm sharing my 3rd card as guest designer for Just Us Girls.  This week we have a wonderful mood board that I think is one of the sweetest and coziest I've ever seen.



I know the photos are a bit hard to see but if you head over to the JUGs blog, they have a larger version where you can see all the details.  

I'm also joining the current Inkspirational Challenge, where the theme is Stencils.

I just love this JUGS Mood Board!  I was inspired by the kitty's warm cuddly sweater and hat, along with the cup of coffee.


I started with Altenew's Sweater Pattern stencil and used light brown and medium gray to create the pattern on a panel of white, which was then cut it down with a rectangle die and added to a white card base with foam tape.


Next I used the MFT Coffee Talk Bundle to create the die cut coffee cups and stamp the sentiment.  I laid the coffee cups on a sticky mat, then colored them with Copic markers.  Two additional dies were cut for each cup and they were layered up before adhering to card front around the sentiment.  The last thing was to add a heart.  I have some clay hearts from Trinity Stamps but the color was a little too tomato-y, so I just used a dark red Copic marker to change the color and after adhering it to the cup, I covered it with Glossy Accents for some shine.  I was tickled pink by how this card turned out because I've never used this bundle before although I think I bought it over a year ago.  Time to keep shopping my stash, I guess!


So, what inspires you on the mood board?  Please take a moment to visit the challenge blog and see what inspired the DT and hopefully play along!  Thanks for visiting.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps and dies:  MFT Coffee Talk Bundle, Hero Arts Nested Rectangle die
Stencil:  Altenew Sweater Pattern
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Latte and Earl, Versafine Clair Pinecone
Other:  Trinity Stamps Candy Apple Hearts, Glossy Accents
Copics:  R39, C2, 1, 0, 00, E35, 31, 30

13 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Gorgeous stencil work Stef; love the colors and design! Thank you for joining us at INk~

cm said...

Totally, completely and absolutely LOVE your coffee-themed card; it's a delightful, cozy, beautiful take on the mood board! Extra thrilled that you've joined us at Inkspirational; thank you!
hugs~carol

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

I just love this moodboard too, Stef, and I love your take. Your "knitted" background is wonderful and all those cuppas are so warm and inviting. Wonderful choice of sentiments, and that tiny heart is the perfect finish!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... this sentiment is just priceless! Love how you mixed the gray and beige inks on the sweater stencil... really a great look. And the bit of glossy accents is perfect!

Carol said...

This couldn't be cozier! I loved that background and the cups look so real!!! Great card taken from the moodoard inspo!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Your card just makes me happy!! The two toned stenciling is fabulous, love those cutie little cups and the sentiment is the bees knees!! Nailed it Stef!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally love your color combo! This is a fantastic card

Nancy said...

This is just exceptional, Stef! I could not wait to come on over to your blog to get a better look. I think about coffee 24/7 so this card really speaks to me. Even though I am only allowed decaf.😝

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your 2-tone stenciling on that amazing background! Your coffee cups are colored so perfectly looking so realistic. Fab sentiment, too!

Marina said...

What perfect stencilling! Great card. Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational.

Bobby said...

Your card turned out fantastic, Stef. That knit stencil is so cozy looking and what a great job on those cups. They are beautifully colored.

Ina G said...

Wow Stef this is mood board perfect. What a background for all things coffee. Love it!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x