Tuesday, January 16, 2024

Greenery Swag for Color Hues

Hello friends!  How has your January been treating you thus far? It's been plenty cold here with lots of snow, and I know much of the United States is feeling the chill too!  But if we are bundled up in the house, we might as well craft, right?  

And, just in case you need some crafty inspiration, today is the start of a new Color Hues Challenge and the lovely Karen has chosen a beautiful combo of green and copper. 

I love these colors together and decided to use them for an addition to my depleted birthday card stash.


I combined some older and newer dies, all from Simon Says Stamp.  I started with the background, using the Pincushion Plate with a panel of dark green cardstock.  It adds a lovely bit of embossed detail along with cutting all the tiny holes, which you can see more clearly in the photos below.  I was tempted to back it with a copper metallic panel but it looked too dark, so instead it was adhered directly to a white card base.


The sentiment and the berries were both cut from that copper metallic paper and then I used a lighter green for the swag, topping that with some white flowers.  The sentiment was added to the vellum shadow die before adhering to the card front, then I added the swag.  Lastly I used some beautiful gem stickers that have that same coppery hue and they really sparkle in the light.  Such an easy-peasy card to pull together, I think I need to make a few more birthday cards like this to have on hand.


I hope my card has provided a bit of inspiration and for even more, you must go take a look at what the rest of the amazingly talented design team created with these colors!  We'd love to have you join us, you'll have until January 28th at 9:00 am EST to play along.

Take care and stay warm!

Stef


All products are from SSS except where noted otherwise
* Greenery Swag dies
* Pincushion Plate die
* Big Happy Birthday dies
* Concord & 9th Evergreen and Parsley cardstock, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum and Tonic Copper Statin Effect Mirror card stock
* Honeybee Stamps Marvelous Moments Gem Stickers

9 comments:

Julie B said...

Love the bright green against the dark background Stef, the coppery hi lights work well. The DT gallery is certainly diverse this time. :)

Karen said...

This is beautiful, Stef! I loved reading how you combined products and your thinking process. It all came together wonderfully. Love those metallic copper berries and sentiment!

Lisa Elton said...

I like the two shades of green! This is a lovely card, Stef!

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef using more than one shade of green was brilliant! Such a fun design and birthday card. The person who receives this card in going to love it!!! You never cease to amaze me!

JulieP said...

Such a pretty design Stef. I love the different hues of green and those wonderful background polka dots! Stay warm!

Nancy said...

Pretty card, Stef! Love the Pincushion plate die and the script on that greeting is so pretty! Everything gels together nicely! Stay warm and take care!

Greta said...

The copper paper makes for a beautiful sentiment and love the copper berries! This challenge makes me remember gold isn't the only option! Love your card and love being the guest designer for this color combo!

Marcia Hill said...

I've been trying to work on my depleted birthday card stash too Stef...too much Christmas card making the past few months, and now I need to get caught up! Anyway, your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the darker green background with the lighter green leaves, the white flowers, and all the copper accents and sentiment! You've really made this color combo SHINE my friend...LOVE it!! Hugs. :0)

cm said...

Stef, talk about an eye-catching birthday card! The pincushion creates a lovely backdrop for your sway, berries, flowers and sentiment. Beautiful showcase of the challenge colours (and a design that would be equally as pretty in a variety of colours/sentiments).
hugs~carol