Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Dear Santa for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello, friends!  It's time for our reminder post at Christmas Craft Creations, where the current theme is glitter and sparkle!



For me, Christmas cards often go hand in hand with glitter and/or sparkle, so I made a fun little scene card with some glittery, sparkly snow.



This scene uses the sweet Dear Santa stamp and die set from Colorado Craft Company and illustrated by Anita Jeram.  I started the card with a panel of Distress Watercolor, where I sprayed some Shiny Bauble Distress Mica Spray for the background.  While that dried, I cut a simple snowbank from white cardstock, used a Copic marker along the top and to create a path to the mail box then covered those areas with Stardust Stickles.


Next the stamped images were colored with Copic markers.  I made a mistake by coloring the bottom edge around the critters and mailbox blue, which I didn't realize until after die cutting.  It just looked odd against the snowy background, so I trimmed it away and that's why the bottom of the image is fussy cut.  I decided not to fussy cut the entire image because it was so detailed around the dog and after adding the image to the card, it really isn't that noticeable, at least I hope not to the recipients!  The final steps were to add the sentiments and use the Stardust Stickles on the top of the mailbox.  In real life, the sparkle is amazing!  You can see it better in the photo below


Thanks so much for visiting, and I hope you will take some time to join us and build up your store of holiday cards!

Take care!


Stef


Stamps and Dies:  CCC Dear Santa
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Distress Watercolor
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Shiny Bauble Distress Mica Spray, Stardust Stickles
Copics:  R59, 46, 27, 05, YR27, 24, 23, 21, C5, 3, 1, 00, W3, 1, 0, E27, 25, 23, 21, G09, 02, BG07, 45, 53, 01, 000

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable! Love that sweet little bunny!

Carol said...

This is just darling and so sparkly with a wintry feel! I did not notice the "boo boo" you speak of and now that you pointed it out it looks like a path to the mailbox has been shoveled or worn away by footsteps up to the mailbox. Your colors and the coloring are amazing as always!!! What a fun card Stef!!