Thursday, January 25, 2024

Bountiful Banner for Just Us Girls

Hello friends!  I'm back with my final card as guest designer for Just Us Girls and this time we are having fun with stencils!

At the last minute, I'm also joining the lovelies at Inkspirational with another stenciled edition to their gallery.


I love stencils because they can make card creation so much quicker and/or add wonderful detail to card backgrounds.  Today I used them to color a floral image.


I have been eyeing the Honeybee Stamps Bountiful Banners suite since it was first released earlier this year, so when HB had their fabulous sale at year end, I decided to pick it up.  I started by stamping the image with black pigment ink, then using the stencils and a variety of inks to color it up.  I think this color palette is one of my favorite combos.  I know I am usually drawn to cooler colors, but I do love the pop of yellow-green along with the teal and pinky purple.  


After the stenciling was complete, I added some additional contrast to all the flowers and leaves with Copic markers, which is something I often like to do.  The image and sentiment were then die cut with the coordinating dies along with two additional pieces for layering to provide some dimension (although that's difficult to tell in the photos).  The final touch was to use my white gel pen to color the flower centers.


A big thank you to the entire design team at Just Us Girls, it was just a pleasure joining you this month!

Be sure to head over to the challenge blog for some wonderful inspiration and hopefully play along this week.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps, dies and stencils:  Honeybee Stamps Bountiful Banner
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Taffy, Sweets, Bubblegum, Fairway, Sprout, Tropic, Tidepool, Orchid, Iris and Latte; Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Sakura White Gelly Roll pen
Copics:  RV69, 66, BG49, 15, YG67, 17

14 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Love your card - so pretty, Jo x

Carol said...

Stef, I can't believe your month Guest Designer term has come to the last week. It was great having your amazing cards in our lineup. This card is gorgeous! You must have the tiny blending brushes to get such perfect results in the small areas. What a beautiful design and the color choices are so pretty. Beautiful inspiration for our challenge!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous end result card! Thanks so much for joining us for the month of January 😍

cm said...

Stef, I can see why you fell for this stencil; so pretty! And your inking, copic colouring elevates it to gorgeous! WOW! Super thrilled that you shared this over in the Inkspirational gallery. You've been an awesome guest designer over at JUGS! Will miss you being in the line up...
hugs~carol

Nancy said...

This is so pretty, Stef! Sounds like patience and or restraint worked in your favor since you were able to pick this stencil up on sale. It is gorgeous and I can certainly see why you wanted it.

Lisa Elton said...

I adore the colors you used on this pretty bouquet! What a marvelous finale card Stef! It's been a pleasure having you guesting with us this month!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Love the colors of the pretty flowers and leaves. Glad you were able to get it on sale, and extra bonus.

Bobby said...

The color combination is lovely, Stef, and I love the added details with Copics and white gel pen. It's been great having you as our guest this month.

Ina G said...

Simply gob smackin' gorgeous Stef. So love the colours and beautiful array of stencilled blooms. Nice touch the way you inked the edges of your sentiment. Thanks for being a fabulous Guest with us at JUGS. I know we will see you again soon.

ElizStewart said...

OMGosh Stef... love this stencil! I am going to learn about so many new products with this new challenge. Love it! Thanks ever so much for guesting with us!

Julia Aston said...

Isn't it wonderful how they make the stencils to color a background stamp! Your mix of colors on the florals is SO pretty Stef! Thanks for joining us at Inkspirational:Stencils! Julia xx

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is amazing! I love the colors and the depth of those flowers and leaves. Thank you so much for joining us this past month as a fabulous Guest Designer!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Your card is just gorgeous, Stef. You choice of colors Is wonderful and I love that you added extra color with Copics. Thanks for joining us this month as Guest Designer. This was my first month as a DT member. It was extra fun with you as GD.

cm said...

HI STef...guess what? Your gorgeous card is a Top Pick over at Inkspirational! Thank you so much for joining us; your awesome cards in our gallery make me incredibly happy!
hugs~carol