Thursday, January 4, 2024

Yeti or Not for Just Us Girls

Hello friends!  I am so honored to be the January Guest Designer for Just Us Girls!  And this week we're starting off 2024 with a fabulous color combination that I absolutely love!

I'm also sharing over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where this week's theme is Something New, which is perfect since I used a new stamp and die set for this card.

I knew right away that I'd be using these colors for a birthday card for our great-nephew because they are perfect for creating a snowy scene.


I started with a panel of mixed media paper and ink blended the teal sky with Altenew Teal Caves.  Next I combined some Tim Holtz Distress Snowfall Grit Paste and Sparkle Paste then spread it through a snow stencil.  While that dried, the images were all stamped, colored with Copic markers and die cut.


Before adding the cute little Yetis, the background was added to the panel.  I used a Copic marker to add teal around the edges then used Stardust Stickles to add sparkle on top and also on the tree branches.  The Yetis were then added with thin foam squares, as was the sentiment, and lastly I used Glossy Accents on the balloon to make it nice and shiny.  I think my nephew will get a kick out of this card, especially the punny sentiment.


Thanks for taking time to stop by, and I hope you'll do the same at the challenge blog, where the DT have some fabulous inspiration for you!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  MFT Yeti or Not
Dies: MFT Yeti or Not, MFT Grounded
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Vicki Boutin Mixed Media
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne, Memento Tuxedo Black, Altenew Teal Cave
Stencil:  MFT Heavy Snowfall
Copics:  B39, 37, 34, BG07, 45, 53, YG67, 17, 03, E29, 25, 11, 21, 00, W3, 1, 0, C3, 00

11 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

These guys are so fun! This card makes me smile 😊

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This card is just adorable, Stef. I am sure your great-nephew will love it. How could he not. It's so fun and bright and perfect for a winter birthday. Great use of the colors. So glad to have you as GD this month at JUGs!

Carol said...

First, welcome to the DT this month Stef! We are so excited to have you join us! Your card is so much fun and of course I love your amazing coloring skills as always!!! I know those sparkles are so pretty in person too! Looking forward to the month ahead with you!

Karen said...

Congrats on your Guest DT gig! I'll be looking forward to all your creations. This card is such fun, and sure to delight your great-nephew!

Nancy said...

This card is pure happiness and surely put a smile on my face. I am sure your G-nephew will love it too. Congrats on guesting with JUGS this month, they are lucky to have you.

ElizStewart said...

Stef... thrilled to have you as our GD for the first of 2024! Welcome! Love your playful yetis... just too cute!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is so darn cute! I love your beautiful background and all of the added sparkle and shine. Welcome to JUGS!

Bobby said...

It's a party on a card, Stef. You have created a great winter scene for those cute little yetis. Thanks for being our guest this month.

Ina G said...

So cute, so fun, so fabulous Stef. Love that beautiful ble balloon. So lovely to have you as our Geust this month.

Lisa Elton said...

So happy to have you joining us this month, Stef! Your debut card is oodles of cute and heaps of fun!

cm said...

Stef, your yeti party has planted a smile allll over my face! Talk about a fun, brilliant way to use the colours! Love this! Thrilled to have you as our guest this month!
hugs~carol