Thursday, January 11, 2024

Winter Wishes for Just Us Girls

Hello friends!  It's time for a new challenge at Just Us Girls, where I am the January guest designer.  This week is Word Week and we have one that is apropos for this time of year.

I'm also playing along with the current Time Out Challenge, where the theme is new.

I recently bought a new snowflake embossing folder and snowflake die cut set and was excited to put them to use for this card.


I started with a panel of mixed media cardstock and ink blended a trio of purple inks, then embossed it with the snowflake folder.  Next I used my white pigment ink pad and very gently rubbed it across the top of the raised part of the embossing to give it some dimension.


I used four dies from the HoneyBee Stamps Lovely Layers: Large Snowflakes set to cut snowflakes out of two colors of purple and one of white.  The background panel was added to the white card base, the snowflakes adhered together and then added to the card along with a foiled sentiment to finish things off.  Super easy and oh, so sparkly!


Thanks so much for visiting, I appreciate it.  Be sure to head over to the challenge blog where the DT has loads of inspiration to share with you!

Take care!  

Stef


Stamps:
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Vicki Boutin Mixed Media, Pinkfresh Studio Foiled Sentiments 4 Holiday, Simon Says Stamp White Glitter, Winter Glitter and Be Mine Glitter
Dies:  HBS Lovely Layers: Large Snowflakes
Inks:  SSS Lilac, Orchid, and Amethyst, Hero Arts white pigment
Embossing:  HBS Snowflakes folder

14 comments:

Karen said...

Love this card--the colors and the sparkle. Guesting for JUGS is such a great honor. I'll be looking forward to seeing your creations! Have a great day.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this bright, fun card! I also love the technique you used with the white pigment ink

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This is so sparkly and gorgeous, Stef. I Love the way you did the background. Your inking is wonderful and I love the effect of the white ink rubbed across the embossed background. It's so fun having you as Guest Designer here at Just Us Girls!

ElizStewart said...

Stef... so loving the purple sparkle! inspired color choice! So thankful you are our guest designer this month!

Greta said...

Congratulations on being the GD! Your card is so beautiful! Love the added dimension using the white pigment ink and you chose the perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges.

Carol said...

Gor-geous!I bet this was fun to watch this sparkly card materialize! Thanks again for guesting with us!

cm said...

OHMYSTARS! Your sparkly purple and white snowflake is absolutely gorgeous! I decided I didn't need this HBS die but I'm definitely reconsidering. Too lovely to resist! The warm winter wishes sentiment is timely for here; Alberta is in a freeze-zone! Tomorrow night, we're dipping to -46C - and daytime highs are around -33C! Brrrr!
hugs~carol

Lisa Elton said...

Your purple snowflake is fabulous! So bright and cheerful, Stef!

Lisa Petrella said...

This is stunning!!! Love that layered snowflake, the technique you used to create the background, and all of that fabulous sparkle!!! Gorgeous work!

Nancy said...

This is a showstopper of a card, Stef! I love that the colors go from light to dark. Awesome job!

Bobby said...

That purple just glows, Stef. The white on the embossed background helps the snowflakes show up and the sparkle and layers of the die cut snowflake are gorgeous. So glad to have you guesting with us this month.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I absolutely love this! The purple looks so pretty and makes a perfect backdrop for that sparkly layered snowflake.

Nancy said...

I love the colours you chose to you... the purple is gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at Time Out Challenges!

Ina G said...

Simply beautiful and so so sparkly. Bet it is stunning irl. Of course I loooove it as it is in my favourite colour.