Saturday, August 12, 2023

Super Sunflowers

Hi, friends!  Thought I'd pop in with a quick post sharing my card for the current challenge at Color Throwdown.


These colors worked perfectly for a new die set I received earlier this week!


I am so smitten with the delightful Simon Says Stamp Super Sunflower Plate.  Love all those cute sunflowers!  Initially I planned to use Distress Watercolor pencils for coloring the sunflowers, so I die cut a panel from Distress Watercolor cardstock.  But after testing the colors on a scrap, I just wasn't achieving the vibrance that I wanted, so I ended up using my Copic markers, which work fine on w/c paper.

 
For the background, I ended up die cutting a trellis cover plate from Neenah Desert Storm (sorry, it looks gray in the photos), adhered that to the card base then added the sunflower panel.  I then used the Super Sunflower die to cut another panel from white cardstock, snipped off everything (which I saved), leaving just the frame.  It and the die cut sentiment were colored with a red Copic marker, then the frame was stacked on card front.  Glossy Accents was added to both the frame and sentiment, and when dry, the sentiment was added to the card front atop a vellum shadow.


Thanks for stopping by and I hope you're having a great weekend.  I'd love for you to come back on both Wednesday, where I'll have a reminder card for The Flower Challenge, and Thursday, where I'll share another sunflower card for the new challenge at Color Hues!  Hope to see you then!

Take care!

Stef


Dies:  Simon Says Stamp Super Sunflower Plate and Hello, Sunshine dies; Altenew Garden Trellis Cover die
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Distress Watercolor, Lawn Fawn Pearlescent Vellum
Other:  Ranger Glossy Accents
Copics:  R46, YR27, 24, Y15, 11, E59, 37, YG67, 17, 03

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

This is sunny, happy and super cute!

Broni said...

Perfect use of the colors! LOVE the sunflowers!! Thanks for playing along with us at the Color Throwdown!