Friday, August 4, 2023

Dreamy Daylilies for The Flower Challenge

Hello friends!  As we enter August, it becomes time for a new challenge at The Flower Challenge.  This month we have a choice to add either spots or stripes, or both if you're so inclined!


Some sad DT news - our dear TaeEun has had to step away from the challenge and our dear Cara will also be leaving after October.  Also, both Vivien and Aileen, who started the challenge nearly seven years ago, will be leaving us after the October challenge that will celebrate our seventh birthday.  Their intention was to close the challenge at the end of October, but happily the amazing Karren Johnson will be stepping in to take over the challenge.  I am so grateful for Karren agreeing to run the challenge and know she will do a fantastic job!  Also, ironically, Karren is our guest designer this month!

I'm also joining the current Stencil It challenge at Inkspirational.



At home, my flower beds have gone from peonies to lilies, with multiple colors, and one was the inspiration for my card today.


The new Altenew Dreamy Daylilies worked beautifully for this card.  I started by die cutting the image from white cardstock, then popping it into the embossing folder.  The set has two coloring stencils and I went from light to dark pink on the petals so I could attempt to keep the flower centers white.  When the stenciling was done, I used a Copic marker to randomly add spots on each petal.


Next an A2 panel of white was embossed with Altenew's Masonry Wall 3D folder then adhered to a card base.  After adding the flowers to the front, I trimmed off the overhanging bits, added the white embossed sentiment and the card was complete!


I've added a couple of photos of the lilies that we enjoyed over the last few weeks, including the one that inspired this card, with the caveat that I am not the best photographer lol!



Thanks for stopping by, and for some amazing inspiration, please be sure to head over to the challenge blog, where my talented teammates and our wonderful GD Karren have oodles to share!

Take care.

Stef

All products are from Altenew unless noted otherwise.
Stamps: Sentiment Strips
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Stampin' Up Black
Ink:  Versamark; Baby Pink, Fuchsia, Magenta, Maple Yellow, Marigold, Limeade, Lime and Fresh Leaf
Dies:  Dreamy Daylilies, Featured Sentiment die
Embossing folder: Dreamy Daylilies 3D, Masonry Wall 3D
Other:  Simon Says Stamp Fine Detail Embossing Powder, RV06 Copic marker

5 comments:

donna mikasa said...

You've captured the beauty of those lilies, Stef! I love the dotted accents, too.

Vicky Hayes said...

Just fabulous Stef! I love the very graphic look the stenciling has given your lilies. Sad to hear of all the changes at TFC but I am delighted that Karren has come forward to lead the challenge onwards and upwards! Vicky x

Lisa Elton said...

So pretty!

Pia S said...

I don’t have any does and stencils set like this, but now I want one. Beautiful inking and the additional spots make the flowers look extra realistic. Thanks for playing with us at Inkspirational.

Bobby said...

You did a great job of replicating your lilies into paper ones, Stef. They are all so lovely.