Sunday, August 6, 2023

Ocean Silhouettes for Sunday Stamps

Hello, friends!  We have a new challenge for you over at Sunday Stamps and this time we bring you a colorful palette to spark your creativity!


I'm also joining the current challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is Summer.  

After thinking a bit about the colors, I felt they would work well for a tropical sky just after sunset, using the turquoise, yellow, orange and a little bit of purple. So here's what I came up with.


I started with an A2 sized panel of Ranger Distress Heavystock, which is wonderful for ink blending, and masked off where I wanted the horizon line to start and inked up the sky.  I began with a light yellow ink and went from up about 2/3rds of the way, then came down with the orange, and blending back and forth so I had a thin line of light yellow up to the dark orange.  I then blended some purple into the very top of the orange to add a bit more depth to the color.  Next, I reversed the masking and used a beautiful turquoise color for the ocean.


The panel was then place in my Misti and I used black pigment ink to stamp the lovely scene and sentiment with Gina K's Ocean Silhouettes stamp set.  When the ink dried, I used a white gel pen to create some waves in the water, minimally trimmed down the panel, then adhered directly to a black card base.  Ta da!  All done!  I love this silhouette stamp set - I used it for a couple other cards that I hope to share in the future.


I hope this has given you a bit of inspiration and for even more, please head over to the blog where my talented teammates have a bevy of beautiful creations to share with you!

Take care.

Stef


Stamps:  Gina K Ocean Silhouettes
Paper:  Hero Arts Pitch Black, Distress Heavystock
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Surf and Orchid, Altenew Lemon Ice, Citrus Burst and Mandarin, Versafine Clair Nocturne
Other:  Sakura Gelly Roll White Gel pen

8 comments:

Tracy Grauer said...

Beautiful card! The silhouette is stunning on your background!

Heather said...

Wowza, Stef, this is your most vibrant card yet - unbelievable blending here! You have such a way with color, I adore this scene!

Lisa Elton said...

You've created the perfect water and sky for this inviting scene! Just marvelous, Stef!

dj said...

Fantastic blending of your inks...so beautiful!! You have offered great inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new “Summer Vibes” color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! I am loving the beautiful beach scene you created!! #SOS315

Nancy said...

This is absolutely sensational! LOVE!

Vicky Hayes said...

What a stunner Stef! I love how the colours sing and what a brilliant idea to create this hot sunset scene with them. Vicky x

Heidi Baks said...

Gorgeous!

Annette Elliott said...

Wowza, this is stunning! :0 Beautiful is an understatement!!