Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Mondo Hydrangea for The Flower Challenge

Hi friends!  It's mid-month and time for our reminder post at The Flower Challenge.  This month we're asking you to add spots or stripes to your floral card.


For my lily card at the beginning of the month, I used spots on the lilies.  This time I'm adding strips with an oldie but goodie cover die.  In fact, all of the card elements used are items I've had for probably two or more years.  


I started off by using my Copics to color that beautiful Mondo Hydrangea from Ellen Hutson, using purplish blue colors for the flower petals and a light green for the center.  The leaves are a separate stamp, which I stamped twice and colored with yellow-greens, then everything was die cut with companion dies.


The cover die cut from white was left unused from another project and I thought it would work great for the stripe theme.  The word thanks was already die cut from white and I simply die cut the shadow die twice from a light green and layered them together.  Rather than have white on white, I wanted a colored cardstock panel under the striped cover die, so I tried a variety of colors and settled on the pretty light blue.  After everything was adhered to the card base, the final step was to add drops of Stardust Stickles to the flower centers.  You might be able to see the little bit of sparkle in the photo below.


I love how this card turned out (can't always say that about every card I make lol!) and I hope you do to!  Please be sure to take a minute to see how the other DT members used this theme on their stunning cards and hopefully find time to join us - the challenge is open until the 25th of August.

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Ellen Hutson Mondo Hydrangea
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Concord & 9th Sprout and Powder
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne (restamped the images after the coloring was done)
Dies:  Mondo Hydrangea, MFT Bold Strips Cover-Up die, Hero Arts Nested Rectangle die, Simon Says Stamp Script Thanks dies
Other:  Stickles
Copics:  B69, 66, 63, YG67, 17, 05, 03, 01

2 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

I need to use blue more often, you've used it beautifully, Stef! I see that little bit of sparkle you added!

Bobby said...

I love that mondo Hydrangea, Stef, and you colored it beautifully. It's always great to give some love to our older stamps/dies.