Sunday, August 20, 2023

Just a Note for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  It's time again for a new Sunday Stamp Challenge.  This time Heidi has created a wonderful sketch for our inspiration.


For my card I tried to create something CAS (at least by my standards lol!) so I'm also joining the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme is CAS.


I started by creating the flower image, coloring with Copic markers then die cutting with the companion die.  Next I used a rectangle stencil and ink blended a rectangle on the white card base to represent the smaller rectangle in the sketch.  However, I used a pretty light hand with the light aqua ink and the left side was sooo light the camera didn't pick it up.  But I promise you it's there!


I chose to use a foiled and die cut sentiment that I'd made some time back, so I decided to add some gold metallic splatter to bring the gold foiling into the design.  I splattered the card base and the floral image separately before adhering together.  While that dried, I used the companion die to cut two more layers of the floral image, then when everything was ready, added them to the colored image, which was then adhered to the card base, along with the sentiment.


Thanks for taking time to stop by.  Please use the link above to see the lovely cards my fellow DT members created and hopefully are inspired to play along!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Altenew Blossom & Bloom 
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, Hammermill
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturne, Salvaged Patina
Foiling:  Spelbinders Everyday Sentiments II Hot Foil plate and Matte Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
Dies:  Blossom & Bloom, Altenew Featured Sentiment die
Other:  Gansi Tambi Starry Colors Gold Metallic paint
Copics:  YR27, 24, 16, Y38, 17, 15, 11, YG67, 17, 03, BG78, 75, 72, 11

7 comments:

Heather said...

Just stunning, Stef, your coloring always blows me away! This is truly glorious! And I love that your definition of CAS mirrors mine, lol!

dj said...

Stef, what beautiful inspiration for those who decide to play along with our new sketch challenge over at Sunday Stamps...I love that you created a CAS card even if it is outside your comfort zone. Heidi’s “In the Corner” sketch is perfect for showcasing your beautiful sunflower stamp!! #SSC316

Lisa Elton said...

It's CAS by my standards too, Stef and it's very pretty to boot!

Karen said...

Another stunning floral card! This floral just went on my wish list. I'm trying to have more restraint than I did with the Fragrant Florals. Not that I have any regrets about that purchase; I do not!

Kate said...

A very pretty tribute to the end of summer Stef! I love the simplicity of the design - the gorgeous colouring, the simple sentiment in gold, the subtlety of the blended background and the spatter of gold! Definitely CAS in my book and simply gorgeous! Hugs, Kate!

Heidi Baks said...

Wow, such lovely details! The coloring is superb!

Claire Broadwater said...

Stef, this is GORGEOUS! I love sunflowers and these are so realistic! Great take on the sketch!