Wednesday, August 2, 2023

Party Like a Flock Star!

Hey, friends, just popping in with a quick post.  I made a fun birthday card with my new Inner Flamingo stamp and die set from Ellen Hutson and thought I'd share it over at The Paper Players, where they have a very fun Tic-Tac-Toe challenge going on.


I ended up going across the top row - flowers, green and embossing.

I'm also sharing this over at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the theme this week is Summer.


I totally love these cute flamingos!  I did some very basic Copic coloring of them, along with the drink glasses and party hat.  A gold gel pen was used to color in the spots on the hats as well as the birthday girl's crown.  The leaves and flowers are also by EH, from their Tropical Foliage stamp and die set, and were stamped using a few Simon Says Stamp ink pads.


Because I wanted to make this a little tropical party scene, the card base ended up being 5x7".  I trimmed down a separate panel slightly smaller than the base, lightly ink blended it with Concord & 9th Aqua Sky, then adhered it to the base.  After gold heat embossing the sentiment (which totally tickles my punny sense of humor!), the strip of paper was added to the panel with foam tape, then all the other elements were adhered.  The flamingos were layered on two additional die cuts to give them some dimension.  I want to give credit to the card samples at EH (by Julie Ebersol?), which is where I got the idea for the placement of the drinks.  So clever and fun!

Lastly, I added Glossy Accents to the glasses, the gold spots on the party hats and the crown, and used gold glitter gems for the flower centers.


Thanks for taking time to stop by.  Take care!

Stef


Stamps and dies:  EH Inner Flamingo and Tropical Foliage
Paper:  Neenah Solar White, CutCardStock Super Smooth White (Amazon), Hero Arts Pitch Black
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Clair Nocturn, Versamark, C&9 Aqua Sky, SSS Seafoam, Limelicious, Fairway and Sherbet
Other:  Altenew Gold Gel pen and Antique Gold embossing powder, Ranger Glossy Accents, Studio Katia Gold Glitter Gems (not sure if they're still available)
Copics:  R11, 01, 00, YG05, 01, YR16

6 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

How fun are they! I like the one wearing a crown doing the balancing act with her drink! So cute, Stef!

LeAnne said...

All your little flamingoes are FLOCK STARS! SO cute...love your background, and your coloring is superb! Thanks so much for playing with our Tic Tac Toe challenge this week at the Players! You know we always love to see you in the gallery!

Jaydee said...

Seriously, Stef, your little partying flamingoes just make me laugh. They are adorable! Fabulous scene you created. So glad you shared this with us at The paper Players this week
Jaudee

Fran Wing said...

Stef, those partying flamingos are wonderful! I'm trying to figure out what they would be drinking in those martini glasses that is green, but I want me some of that stuff! Great card for our challenge at The Paper Players.
Xoxo, Fran

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun trio of partying flamingoes Stef - I love the punny sentiment too! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Makira said...

💗🦩💗Wow, this card is awesome! The design, colors, and overall composition are impressive. If you're open to exploring more opportunities to showcase your talent, I encourage you to consider participating in another exciting challenge: Park Hopping My Happy Place. Your contribution would undoubtedly add an extra spark of creativity to the challenge. Have a great week!
Cheers, Makira
https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/