Sunday, July 9, 2023

Vibrant Florals for Sunday Stamps

Hello friends!  Today is the beginning of a new challenge at Sunday Stamps and this time we bring you a beautiful color combination!


I was inspired by both the colors and the photo, so I decided to recreate using a foiled image of flowers that I imagined were daisies.


As this is quite a large image, I decided to create a 5"x 7" card in order to limit the amount I had to trim down.  It was foiled with matte gold then I used Copic markers to color.  Cool grays were used to created shadows for the white flowers.  I was originally going to just go around the entire image with blue markers but I ended up loving how the bright blue looked, so I colored in the entire background.


I used a rotary trimmer to cut the panel down to 6"x 4" and it enabled me to cut up to the leaf overhanging on the right side, which I then trimmed around with scissors.  It was mounted on a panel of yellow cardstock then adhered directly to the card base.  The foiled sentiment was popped up with thin foam squares and I was done.


What will you make with these colors?  I hope to see your card in the gallery, but in the meantime, be sure to head over to the challenge blog for more inspiration by the other DT members!

Take care!

Stef


Paper:  Hammermill, Stampin' Up Daffodil, Neenah Solar White
Foiling:  Vibrant Florals Hot Foil Plate, Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II Hot Foil Plate, Spellbinders Matte Gold Glimmer Hot Foil
Dies:  Waffle Flower A7 Frames, Spellbinders Everyday Sentiments II
Copics:  B4, C2, 1, 00, YG67, 17, 05, 03, Y26, 08, 13

5 comments:

Nancy said...

How fabulous is this, Stef! The daises look amazing and the bright blue was such a great idea. I love that you can't tell you colored it which is really impressive. It is so evenly done with no brush strokes. I will certainly be playing along with SS as that color combo is just wonderful!

Heather said...

Oh wow, Stef, your coloring always blows me away! That sea of blue is stunning, so glad you went with it, and I love the grading on the leaves! Such a stunner!

dj said...

Vibrant indeed!! So beautifully put together!! What a great card to inspire those who decide to play along with our "SUMMER DAYS" color challenge over at Sunday Stamps!! #SOS313

Lisa Elton said...

You recreated the daisies and the colors beautifully Stef! Wonderful card!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fabulous card Stef! I just love those bold, vibrant colours - the blue is stunning! The foiled detailing is so pretty too. Fabulous!