Sunday, July 16, 2023

Fragrant Florals for Color Hues

Hello friends!  As we continue to roll through the month of July, it's now time for a new challenge at Color Hues!  This time the lovely Nancy chose the beautiful colors of olive and berry.

 

I'm also playing along with Seize the Birthday, where they have a fun theme of circle or circles.  Since my card here doesn't it into that part of the challenge, my card is for Anything Goes.



Our CH colors would work wonderfully for a Christmas card, but I decided to head towards my favorite this time, which is using florals.


The Altenew Craft Your Life: Fragrant Florals is one of my very favorite sets, this bouquet just makes my heart happy!  I would normally Copic color this image but a couple of weeks ago I used the embossing folder to create this card and decided to use it again along with the matching stencils and die.  

I began by die cutting the image from white cardstock, then used it with the embossing folder.  By doing it in that order, the die cutting didn't flatten the 3D embossing.  I used a combination of Simon Says Stamp and Altenew inks to color it, but the flower centers just weren't dark enough, so I used a dark RV Copic marker to color them, and a white gel pen worked perfectly to highlight the stamen.  I also used a light brown marker to color the stems as stenciling doesn't add that.


Next I used the lightest berry ink to lightly blend a 5"x 7" panel, then a delicate die cut (Altenew's new Fragrant Flowers) was adhered to the panel before adding the main image and the sentiment, both of which were layered twice for a small amount of dimension.  


I am looking forward to seeing what you will create with these colors!  Be sure to head over to the challenge blog where the other DT members have some gorgeous cards to inspire you.  The challenge will stay open until 9 am EST Friday July 28th.  

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  Waffle Flower Elegant Sentiments
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Versafine Clair Nocturne; Simon Says Stamp Sweets and Taffy; Altenew Olive and Moss
Other:  Altenew Craft Your Life:  Fragrant Florals embossing folder, die and stencils, Altenew Fragrant Flowers die set, WF Elegant Sentiments die, Copics RV69 and E31

13 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so gorgeous, Steph! Beautifully done!

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

This just popped right out at me when I was looking at the CH DT cards just now, Stef. It is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!! Your stenciling is so well done. I could not love it more.

Nancy said...

Your stencil work is as good as your Copic coloring, Stef! This could not be any more beautiful. I need to remember to use my white gel pen more. Thanks for making my colors shine and for inspiring me.

Nancy said...

I don't think I remembered to say thanks for linking this gorgeous card up at Seize the Birthday.

Karen said...

This is absolutely stunning! The shading on the petals is so beautiful, and the final bouquet is so gorgeous! I don't think I've ever seen this floral before. I've tried to stay away from the subscriptions at Altenew, but this causes me to rethink it!

Lisa Elton said...

Hello gorgeous! Love this, Stef, it's spectacular!

Marcia Hill said...

WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is absolutely GORGEOUS Stef!! Your ink blending is just so pretty and I love how you lightly ink blended the stencil for your background too...such a beautiful combination! Lovely, lovely card my friend! Hope you have a wonderful week! Hugs. :0)

Julie B said...

Such a pretty bunch of flowers and that's a great tip about the embossing. Why do Altenew produce such fab floral sets, my pension is going to be stretched again! :)

Cindy Beach said...

I'm amazed at the beautiful depth of your stencil colors! Your extra details of shading add white make this card a stunner! One of my favorites, Stef. And I love your thoughtful sharing of your process - it will inspire me to pull this set out again.

JulieP said...

You are so creative with your products!!!! This is amazing and I'm gonna have to give your technique a try.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful card. Your coloring looks great. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

Linda said...

Wow, absolutely, gorgeous.

Tracey McNeely said...

Stef this card is amazing, I think the ink blending adds such a soft appearance and t it's sure to make someone very happy! Sorry to be so late to visit, but I knew I had to get here! xo