Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Winter Wonderland for Christmas Craft Creations

Hello and welcome back!  This month's theme at Christmas Craft Creations is Anything Goes - how easy is that?  I'm here with my reminder post and card, and I'm hoping you'll have time to join us and add to your holiday card stash as well - the challenge stays open until Tuesday, August 8th.


Last fall I bought a couple of the Anita Jeram illustrated Christmas stamp sets from Colorado Craft Company but never had an opportunity to use them, so I pulled one out and did so for this challenge!


I absolutely adore these sweet little bunnies and their squirrel friend, obviously on their way to a holiday party as they have presents in hand.  The scene was stamped on an A2 panel of white and also on some masking paper.  While I do have the dies for this set, I decided to mask instead because I really love the look of continuity with a snowy scene.  Once the mask was in place I used a light and medium blue for ink blending the background and once that was complete, the critters and the rest of the scene were colored with Copic markers.


After the panel was cut down with a rounded rectangle die, into my splatter box it went, where I gently added snow with white paint and a small round paintbrush.  I did lay a small piece of Post-it tape over the faces of the critters, because if I forget to, inevitably a big splat would hit one lol!  While the splatter dried, the sentiments were stamped with blue pigment ink and die cut with label dies.  The dried panel was glued directly to the white card base, then the sentiments were popped up with thin foam squares to finish things off.


What is your favorite type of holiday card to make?  We'd love to have you share it with us at CCC!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  CCC/Anita Jeram White Christmas
Paper:  Neenah Solar White
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Morning and Twilight, Versafine Clair Blue Belle, Memento Tuxedo Black
Dies:  Hero Arts Rounded Rectangle Infinity die, MFT Fishtail Foundations die, Gina K Master Layouts 9 
Other:  Dr. Ph. Martin's Bleed Proof White Paint
Copics:  E77, 74, 71, 33, 31, 30, 0000, G46, 43, 40, BG96, 93, 90, 57, 53, 11, 0000, B21, W3, 1, 0, R85, 83, 81, 20

1 comment:

Lisa Elton said...

This is adorable, Stef! You've given this sweet little group a marvelous snowy background!