Thursday, July 20, 2023

You're the Coolest

Hello friends!  The Paper Players has a fun CAS challenge this week, so I thought I'd play along.


I love Anne Marie's choice of Bon Appetit! but I don't have many stamps or dies of food, but I did remember one I bought last summer and never got to use.  So, this seemed like the best perfect time to try it out


I was debating whether to die cut and ink blend the popsicle layers or just use multiple colors of cardstock when I spotted an unused panel that I'd ink blended then covered with an iridescent spray, and I thought that would be a fun way to make the popsicles.  We'll just pretend that the spray is frosty-cold goodness lol!  As a child I spent many a hot summer day eating a popsicle or two and those first cool licks were the best!


For the fudgesicle, I originally used a cream cardstock for the ice cream portion but it looked rather blah next two the popsicles, so I ink blended it with Picked Raspberry.  The fudge layer was die cut from brown cardstock, then I added two layers of Ranger Glossy Accents to make it nice and shiny.  Once the sticks were created and everything was adhered together, the sentiment was stamped on the deckled die cut layer which was added to the white card base with foam tape, then the popsicles and fudgesicle were glued on and my CAS card was complete!


Thanks for visiting!  I hope you're able to stay cool and safe in this miserably hot summer.  Here in Idaho. we'll be up around 105 degrees for the next few days.  All the better to stay inside and make more cards!

Take care!

Stef


Stamps:  MFT Pair of Popsicles
Paper:  Neenah Solar White and Desert Storm, Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Strathmore Bristol
Ink:  Simon Says Stamp Amethyst; Distress ink in Chipped Sapphire, Wilted Violet, Pick Raspberry, Spiced Marmalade and Fossilized Amber
Dies:  Pair of Popsicles, Altenew Mix and Match Frames
Other:  Hero Arts White Iridescent Shimmer Spray, Ranger Glossy Accents

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

105... you're going to need more of those frozen treats Stef! Cute card, my friend. Stay cool!

Suzanne said...

Stef, I sure could use one of those cold treats. Your card is so fun. I love the colors yhou used for this CAS card. I love it. Thanks for joining in The Paper Players Challenge this week. Suzy

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

These ice pops are the perfect antipode to the raging heat for sure Stef! Sometimes the simple designs are the best - thoe colour and fudge detail on these ice lollies is making my mouth water! Thanks for sharing with us over at The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Now those are some fun treats, Stef! Love how the colors just pop on your clean design. Perfect summer card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Karen said...

I absolutely love that sparkle on the popsicles; you'll need these for that heat wave! It's a great summer card.